Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Facebook Connect not appearing

Hi

Since upgrading to the latest version of vbulletin, the facebook connect button does not appear. Does anyone know why this would be? It is all still turned on via admin area but the button doesnt appear etc and users are saying they now cannot login.

Thanks

Nick

Try this. Create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?

If you do, empty your browser cache, close all browser windows and try again.

If you do not have this problem with the original templates, then this means the problem is with one or more of your custom templates. You need to revert your templates, then redo your changes.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I was first alerted to the problem by several other users, so checked myself and it was not appearing.

I will follow the above steps and see what happens, thanks Steve.

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
        Try this. Create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?

If you do, empty your browser cache, close all browser windows and try again.

If you do not have this problem with the original templates, then this means the problem is with one or more of your custom templates. You need to revert your templates, then redo your changes.
        Hi

It works with the default style but not the custom one, works with the old custom one too.

Obviously I do not want to reset everything in this style so are there any specific templates that I need to be looking at to where the facebook connect option should be?

I have looked in the header template and compared the default style to the custom one, and the facebook connect options are the same on each style, so it must be something other than the header template. Thanks

Comment

Hi

I have compared the header and faceboook templates to the old style and new one and they are both the same. So is there another template I need to compare? People cannot login without this and I am getting lots of tweets / messages about it so I need to fix it asap. Thanks
          Last edited by x YNWA x; Sun 14 Aug '11, 8:18am.

Comment

Fixed it. After several hours of comparing each template, there was a tiny line of code in the footer that was missing which caused it not to work. Wish someone would have told me the templates to look at instead of going through most of them lol

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X