Public Albums Not Viewable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public Albums Not Viewable

Right now, “Registered Users” only see their own albums on our site. Would like them to see all user albums marked "Public." See screen print below. The screen print below is actually the Administrator of the site and it is only seeing it's own albums.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n59930[/ATTACH]

We have albums turned ON to “Registered Users” like below:
    • Usergroup Manager > Unregistered / Not Logged In > General Permissions > Can View Member Info > Yes
    • Usergroup Manager > Unregistered / Not Logged In > User Album Permissions > Can View Albums > Yes
    • Albums set to Public

Albums are turned OFF for "Unregistered / Not Logged In" users
    • Usergroup Manager > Unregistered / Not Logged In > General Permissions > Can View Member Info > No
    • Usergroup Manager > Unregistered / Not Logged In > User Album Permissions > Can View Albums > No

Albums in each user's Profile Privacy is set to "Everyone" in CPUser > Settings > Profile Privacy > Albums > Everyone.

Yet we all still only see our own Albums. Is that how it is, or are we supposed to see everyone's albums that are set to "Public"?

Thx in Advance,
    Scott

They don't get listed under albums, they should be visible on the side of a user's profile page.

Comment

Check AdminCP > Settings > Options > User Profile: Album Options > Recent Album Update Days and set that to something large, then click the link to Rebuild Counters and one that page, click Rebuild Recently Updated Albums

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Ok, Thank You!! This helped. We were not seing the "Recently Updated Albums" as it was set to 7 days. I put it out to a year and now can see them...

Looks like users can not add their own pictures to other user's albums in "Recently Updated Albums", but are able to leave comments. Does that sound correct?

Thx,
        Scott
        Last edited by ScottB123; Mon 18 Mar '13, 10:46am.

Comment

I am having this same problem. When I set the "update days" to 5000 and rebuild the album counter, they still do not show up.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X