Logout - Go To Forum Index Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Logout - Go To Forum Index Error

Hi, I have just upgrade from 4.0.7 -> 4.1.5 and i get an error when log out and press the "Go to forums index"
    The rest of the site as far as i can tell is working correctly.

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /[ARG:3 UNDEFINED] on this server.

/[ARG:3 UNDEFINED]

Never had this problem with 4.0.7. Any idears?

That looks like an incomplete upgrade. Which versions of vB do you see in the upper right-hand corner of the upgrade.php page?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Upgrade page? were's that? Sorry

Comment

You did upgrade, right? If so, you would have to have run .../install/upgrade.php.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

yes i did upgrade. I have the upgrade.php now.

4.1.5 for all

style : 4.1.5
          settings: 4.1.5
          language: 4.1.5
          adminhelp: 4.1.5

Comment

Ummm, so how do i go about fixing this?

Comment

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all products (except vB Blog, vB CMS and Skimlinks if you have them.)

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Disable

Then manually uncheck all plugins that are not for 'vBulletin Blog' and vBulletin CMS' here:

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Plugin Manager

You must do BOTH of those steps in order to disable all non vBulletin Modifications.

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Sure, i can tell you now that the index.php does not pass the Suspect File Versions.
                The rest of the files do. I had uploaded 3 times already but will do it all again.

Comment

That should not be an issue. Follow the rest of the instructions.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

Done and Correct -> Index.php was the only one that did not pass.

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Done -> removed 9

Next, disable all products (except vB Blog, vB CMS and Skimlinks if you have them.)

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Disable

Done

Then manually uncheck all plugins that are not for 'vBulletin Blog' and vBulletin CMS' here:

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Plugin Manager

Done

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Done

Do you have the same problem? YES

Tried all Friendly URL's settings and i even removed the .htaccess file.
                    index.php = requires forum first

Anything else i can try?

Last edited by TazDevilLooney; Thu 11 Aug '11, 12:57pm.

Comment

I found the problem

ACP -> Find Updated Phrases

cookieclear (Error Messages)

Old Phrase

All cookies cleared!
                      <ul>
                      <li><a href="{1}">Return to the page you were previously viewing</a></li>
                      <li><a href="{3}">Go to forums index</a></li>
                      </ul>

New Phrase

All cookies cleared!
                      <ul>
                      <li><a href="{1}">Return to the page you were previously viewing</a></li>
                      <li><a href="{2}">Go to forums index</a></li>
                      </ul>

Swap {3} for {2}

All Fixed thanks Steve.

Comment