Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with duplicate usergroup membership - same group for primary and additional usergroup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *~Vix~*
    replied
    Having problems logging in to the site but may try something like that once we get back on, thanks Joe.

There'd be a few more than that to fix manually (a few hundred!) :P but that's better than having to manually fix every single one!

Leave a comment:

• Joe D.
    replied
    What if you just made everyone's primary usergroup 2 (Registered Users) and keep all the additional usergroups without changing them. vBulletin will use permissions from either group, whichever is more beneficial to the user.

In that case you can just do a query to changes everyone's usergroup to 2 and then just go back and manually fix the groups for admins and other staff members, presumable only a few of those.

Leave a comment:

• *~Vix~*
    replied
    Thanks Mark. The only problem is that almost all users are in more than one additional usergroup and I think running that would remove them from all other additional groups.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    This should work but BACK UP your database first.

Code:
    UPDATE user
    SET membergroupids=''
    WHERE usergroupid=X
    X is the ID of their primary usergroup.

Leave a comment:

• Problem with duplicate usergroup membership - same group for primary and additional usergroup

Please can anyone help? Our forum content was imported from an old phpbb site. The transfer to vBulletin was fine except when you go into edit a user's usergroups in the admin panel they are all in both the same usergroup under primary and additional usergroups, as you can see here:

We have thousands of members so can't go into each individually so I'm looking for a way to bulk fix this problem if possible and take members out of the additional usergroup. I've also noticed that unless you go in, uncheck the box in the additional usergroup category and then hit save at the bottom then the users don't show up in the birthdays list, etc on the forum.

Please can anyone help?

Thanks.