Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favicon

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Forum] Favicon

    I changed the favicon of our site but it doesn't show. (24h have passed)
    I just put it in there with the same name (overwritten the other one) , and it was made on an online site => http://www.htmlkit.com/services/favicon/

    I added the following to headinclude :

    Code:
    <link rel="shortcut icon" href="http://www.xxxxxxxxx.xxx/favicon.ico" />
    (found it somewhere on this forum => https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...=1#post2090104 )
    also changed the favicon in the forum root aswell as the one in the domain root (httpdocs).

    And still nothing happens



    Any ideas ?

  • #2
    http://favicon.htmlkit.com/favicon/ use this

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Deuces73 View Post
      Any ideas ?
      What version are you running ?
      (as of 4.1.5, its a stylevar you need to set, i.e. template edits are not required and may not work).


      Originally posted by Hawk2 View Post
      How will this help the issue ? He already has the favicon he wants.
      Baby, I was born this way

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Hawk2 View Post
        Like Paul said , i already have the favicon and i used the link you give to make it (see 1st post)

        Originally posted by Paul M View Post
        What version are you running ?
        (as of 4.1.5, its a stylevar you need to set, i.e. template edits are not required and may not work).
        4.1.4 patch lvl 1

        Comment


        • #5
          I upgraded today and mine changed too. I changed it back, and in IE it still shows the VB Icon. In Firefox, it shows mine. It is probably just a time thing in IE.
          http://www.centextalk.com/banners/ce...klogowide3.gif

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Prisoner View Post
            I upgraded today and mine changed too. I changed it back, and in IE it still shows the VB Icon. In Firefox, it shows mine. It is probably just a time thing in IE.
            Its your own PC, delete your temp Internet folder.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Deuces73 View Post
              Like Paul said , i already have the favicon and i used the link you give to make it (see 1st post)
              put the line in the header not where you put it

              Comment


              • #8
                Try to empty browser cache too...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Assuming you are using IE, I'd echo the above as a start (empty cache), IE is a bit flakey when it comes to icons.
                  Baby, I was born this way

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    You should check this out, as it seems to do the trick.
                    https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...=1#post2193261

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Just for info , i use Chrome and today the favicon has changed

                      So for Chrome prolly also a time thing

                      Comment

                      widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X