No announcement yet.

Ads after last post in every thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Ads after last post in every thread?

VB 4.2

How do I put ads after the last post in every thread?

How do I put ads above the "Reply to Thread" button?
    Fergal Crawley
    Business Advice Forum

Forum Promotion

Both of these options would require custom template editing. You would need to ask for help with custom template editing on www.vbulletin.org.

The closest built in option is to use Admin CP -> Advertising -> Add New Ad -> choosing Thread from the drop down menu and creating an ad in "Last Post Content" but that will be in the last post itself, not below it.

Comment

Thanks Joe, can you please tell me which templates I should edit to place an ad in those two locations?
      Fergal Crawley
      Business Advice Forum

Forum Promotion

Comment

Originally posted by Joe D. View Post
        ...The closest built in option is to use Admin CP -> Advertising -> Add New Ad -> choosing Thread from the drop down menu and creating an ad in "Last Post Content" but that will be in the last post itself, not below it.
        I've tried that, but it doesn't seem to work. When I select "Thread > First Post Content" the ad displays, but when I select "Thread > Last Post Content" it doesn't display?

Also, is there a way to place the ad below the post content, rather on the right hand side of the post content?

As another option is it possible to have the post content wrap round the ad, so that the post content appears to the left of the ad and below the ad?
        Fergal Crawley
        Business Advice Forum

Forum Promotion

Comment

Bump.
          Fergal Crawley
          Business Advice Forum

Forum Promotion

Comment

Originally posted by Fergal View Post
            VB 4.2 How do I put ads after the last post in every thread? How do I put ads above the "Reply to Thread" button?
            Both ads can be put by editing the SHOWTHREAD template.

The ad you want above "Reply to Thread" button (assuming the top button) goes BELOW the code:

Code:
            <div id="above_postlist" class="above_postlist">
            The ad you want below every last post goes ABOVE the code

Code:
            <div id="below_postlist" class="<vb:if condition="!$show['inlinemod']">noinlinemod </vb:if>below_postlist">

Comment

Thanks very much Joe, that's very helpful, just what I needed.
              Fergal Crawley
              Business Advice Forum

Forum Promotion

Comment