CMS articles not having the correct style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] CMS articles not having the correct style

I inherited a board and I need to fix some issues. The style for articles is not the same even though i thought i had it set. Every thing is looking fine except that. I been doing each individual style .

Here is what it should look like

http://www.listisimo.es/ahorrar-con-...utilizacion-85

Notice the header and footer are the same and looks good.

Now here is how it is not looking correctly.

http://www.listisimo.es/ahorrar-con-listisimo-45

I recently went into each article to fix the issue but it is very time consuming. I do have the cms set to what i believe is correct but if you go to

http://www.listisimo.es/

you will see it is just a flatten out page that was altered by previous coder. How can i get the articles to have correct style without doing each one by one . Each time vb updates i have to update the style and doing it one by one is not good.

Also when i make a new section it does not inherit the style.

http://www.listisimo.es/noticias-10

notice how the footer is missing. I been search and unable to find a solution. Thanks for the help in advance.

One is using styleid 3 and the other is using styleid 11. These are things you set per Section. So, you will need to edit the sections and set the styleid to whichever style you want them to have.

(You also appear to be using some code optimizer and you may need to clear the cache after making changes.)

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Oh okay inheriting this board to fix has been so issues. Is there an easy why or url to go to have all the sections listed and then i change them one by one ? It is in spanish and hard for me since I am not spanish. I would love to find an easier way to find all the sections.

Code optimizer I do not see anything in plugins at all. Can you give me a tad more detail as i would like to get rid of that. Is there a way to set any new sections to have this style ? Thanks for the help so far.

what is easy way to figure out which section a particular one belongs too so i can do the root section and the push it down to all sub sections. I figure that would change the styles for each of them.
      Last edited by giovanni40223; Sat 6 Aug '11, 11:52am.

Comment

You may go to admincp > vbulletin cms > section manager, but that lists all the sections in a specific section - not the child sections also.

As for the code optimizer, I don't know the name of them (there are a couple and one has the word "optimize" in it, but not sure about the others). I just see many sites that use one and then make changes, say the changes aren't happening, and it turns out to be the modification. If you don't know which one it is, then just disable all your products when working on the CMS and then it shouldn't affect it at all.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Thank you lynn. I got thinking the only thing different from the two templates is the articles are not on the other pages but same theme. Then i thought i should just code that part out of the theme and use a conditional statement... Then i was like i wondering what the code is ...

so I did a google search and look what you wrote before but it was for breadcumbs. I just wrapped it around my code and thank you ..now i do not even have to worry about two templates. I have one and they all look same now. THANK YOU

Code:
          <vb:if condition="!(THIS_SCRIPT == 'vbcms' AND ($_GET['r'] == '1-whatever-you-call-it' OR !$_GET['r']))"> breadcrumbs </vb:if>

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X