Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Sonata
    replied
    Hi , Unfortunately, this description is not shown under the title at the SERP (search Engine results page ) when it's shown it looks like the photo I attached , just some links from the navbar.

Any tips how can I SEO a VB4 forum ?

Leave a comment:

• BirdOPrey5
    replied
    SEO "experts" claim not having ? in URLs is better for SEO, I have no proof it is or is not.

The meta description of a forum in VB 4.x is already the description you provided in Forum Manager when you made the forum. There is no option to make the meta description different then what it is.

Leave a comment:

• Winter Sonata
    replied
    saved new changed and everything is OK, but let me ask,

How is it really matter to change ? to / ?

I also want to ask if I am not bothering , Is there anyway I can set up a meta description for each forum without having to use vbseo ?

Leave a comment:

• BirdOPrey5
    replied
    There should be no problem moving to Advanced Friendly URLs, truth is in VB4 any URL you use (standard, basic, or advanced) will get you to the same thread regardless of which version is active in settings.

Leave a comment:

• Winter Sonata
    replied
    Hi Joe Thanks for pointing this out, I am using Basic Friendly URLs now, is there a problem if I move to advanced Friendly URL ? please point this out, so I can take the right decision, Thanks alot for the support!

Leave a comment:

• BirdOPrey5
    replied
    I disagree with the premise is "very important" for SEO... it helps but only to a point.

VB4 has "Advanced Friendly URLs" that removes the ? from the URL and it is more than enough for URL SEO needs. Concentrate on content.

Leave a comment:

• Winter Sonata
    started a topic Rewrite Friendly URL

Rewrite Friendly URL

Hi there,

I'd like to ask an important question,

I'd like to change url structure from showthread.php?29368-Thread-Title to threads/1234-Thread-Title

I do have a forum with more than 24,600 threads and recently I have read that URL structure is very important for SEO, but I am also afraid to lose or temporarily lose some traffic while new urls get indexed ...

What do you think it's good for me?