Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't Save Edits to a Post - 4.1.5 PL1

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Forum] Can't Save Edits to a Post - 4.1.5 PL1

    I upgraded this evening from 4.1.3 to 4.1.5 PL1
    I've found little bugs here and there which I've been able to fix except the following:

    When trying to "Edit a Post", none of the controls will work (Save, Go Advanced, Delete, Cancel).
    Wasn't working in custom template so I went to Default template and same thing is happening.

    Tested in IE7, FireFox 5.0 and Safari 5.0.3 (Yes I've done my homework)

    I searched the forums but have been unable to see anyone else having this issue.

    Help?!?
    --
    Minnesota Ford Enthusiasts - www.mnfords.com

  • #2
    Do you have any plugins?

    Comment


    • #3
      Can we get a test username/password and a thread where you have posted using that account that we can try to edit.

      Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

      W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

      Comment


      • #4
        I do have plugins but had them all disabled.

        I just went in to add a Test Forum and Test User.
        Added a post and then tried editing and now it works in Firefox but not working in IE.

        I'm wondering if cache or something similar is causing the issue. May just let it sit overnight and try again.
        Will update in morning.
        --
        Minnesota Ford Enthusiasts - www.mnfords.com

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by svtoatc View Post
          I'm wondering if cache or something similar is causing the issue. May just let it sit overnight and try again.
          Will update in morning.
          I suspect this is indeed the problem. Besides clearing the cache using the browser tools, try a program called CCleaner.

          Comment


          • #6
            In the morning light all is fine. Aggravated that I spent a couple hours trying to figure it out but all is well now. Thanks!
            --
            Minnesota Ford Enthusiasts - www.mnfords.com

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by svtoatc View Post
              In the morning light all is fine. Aggravated that I spent a couple hours trying to figure it out but all is well now. Thanks!
              Thanks for the update, glad it's working well for you now.

              Comment


              • #8
                I have this same issue, particularly w/ IE9. And I have to just back out, then refresh the page, and then edit again, and it will save then.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by EffenHaute View Post
                  I have this same issue, particularly w/ IE9. And I have to just back out, then refresh the page, and then edit again, and it will save then.
                  It's always best to start a new thread and describe in detail the problems you are experiencing.

                  Comment

                  Related Topics

                  Collapse

                  Working...
                  X