Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4.1.5 Missing CSS/Images After Post Update?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PoC
    replied
    Thanks, will give it a go!

Leave a comment:

• Andy
    replied
    Originally posted by PoC View Post
    The css is stored as a file system.
    I suggest putting the CSS back into the database and see if that resolves the issue for you.

Leave a comment:

• PoC
    replied
    The css is stored as a file system. I've managed to get the same error when not posting attachments now as well. But I can't quite figure out what the trigger is - as I can't consistently repeat the error at the moment - but seems to happen on Mac Safari (only?).

Very strange - not a deal breaker by any means -but the first time I've seen it (after moving to 4.1.5 from 4.1.3).

Leave a comment:

• Andy
    replied
    Are you storing the css in the database or file system?

Leave a comment:

• PoC
    replied
    I just tried with Mac Firefox and it's fine.

It must just be a Mac Safari thing. (Running Safari 5.1)

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    What would the correct url be for that avatar?

Leave a comment:

• PoC
    replied
    I'll run a side by side comparison and see what comes up!

I did note that when right clicking for the location of the missing images (for example) - it thought the URL was http://www.mydomain.com/threads/cust...avatar2_12.gif (where mydomain.com is actually my correct domain - so it's actually not liking /threads/customavatars/avatar2_12.gif as a location)

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    That should be fine (did you try clicking the link?). But, that shouldn't be the only css. You should grab the page source for a 'working' page and then grab the page source for the 'non-working' page and compare the two.

Are you using a default style? Have you tried using a totally default style and seeing if you still have this same problem?

Leave a comment:

• PoC
    replied
    Caught it this time and looked at the page source, it said the following:

HTML Code:
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="clientscript/vbulletin_css/style00003l/main-rollup.css?d=1312110878" />
    Though I'm not sure that's much help?
    Last edited by PoC; Fri 5th Aug '11, 9:56am.

Leave a comment:

• PoC
    replied
    Thanks! For some reason I hadn't thought of that.

The next time it happens I'll have a look at the page source and see where it's (erroneously) pointing to.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    It looks like the .css is missing. I would check the page source and see where it is looking for the .css files and the images and see what is wrong with the path.

Leave a comment:

• PoC
    started a topic [Forum] 4.1.5 Missing CSS/Images After Post Update?

4.1.5 Missing CSS/Images After Post Update?

I noticed something after our recent update to 4.1.5, it usually happens when editing a post that has an attachment in it. Namely the update is successful, but the page it returns to afterwards appears to be missing the CSS and images. Not sure why!?

Any suggestions/ideas welcome.

Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	error on updating-post-w-attach.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	3721097