Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would be the best way to update from 3.8.4 to the latest vB4 Version ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] What would be the best way to update from 3.8.4 to the latest vB4 Version ?

Hi,

besides my own site forum is already running vB4.x I also administrate a vB3.8.4 Forum for a friend. We're struggling for a long time now to update but we dont want to harm our old forum in the process. I have read from many people where updates from vB3 to vB4 have gone bad and screwed up more than it was good.

And since our Forum has a lot of attachments (.zip & .rar) files and attachments usually hardly survive a large upgrade, I wonder what else would be the best way. Its also over 1000 Users etc.

Create a new Forum and integrate the old vb3 Database parts (Users, Forums, Topics, Posts, etc.) piece by piece, and still meaning i would have to redo all attachments or what would be the best way ?

A few tips from people that also converted a relatively large vB3 Board to vB4 would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Wolfseye
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X