Frontpage Slideshow intergration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] Frontpage Slideshow intergration

I've been playing around with Frontpage Slideshow on my test site. I've put it in a widget and it works, but doesn't look quite right. I want it to look more "sleek" for lack of a better word. In a widget, it looks clunky and added on, not designed as part of the site.

How have others intergrated Frontpage Slideshow?

Thanks for any ideas you can give me.

I don't have it installed, but here is a suggestion. In the widget config, it should list the template that it is using for the widget. Create a copy of that template, name it appropriately, and then alter the widget config to use the newly created template. Now, you should be able to edit that template to make it look more integrated. My guess is you don't like the fact that its inside a "box". With the new template, you should be able to remove the box so it does look more integrated, but not affect any other widgets that were previously using the same template. Make sense?

Comment

Makes perfect sense. Thanks!

I'll get out of my comfort zone and goof around with it a bit.

Comment

You should try implementing it on the CMS "Static Page" - Check my out video on how to link it to a template....

Comment

Great video, Jasper. I'll take a closer look at that. Thanks!

Comment

Jasper,

I tried the example you gave and it only displays the html portion of what I have. Not the php. Did I do something wrong? Is the Static Page just for HTML?

Comment

Originally posted by FlashJim View Post
              Jasper,

I tried the example you gave and it only displays the html portion of what I have. Not the php. Did I do something wrong? Is the Static Page just for HTML?
              Yes. For PHP, you'd have to use the PHP direct evaluation page. But with that, you have to follow the rules governed by the content type. You can get it to output some decent stuff, but its not how you would typically expect to get it done. I've helped out several people with the PHP eval pages, as everyone tries to enter it as standard PHP.

Comment

Replied to your private message.

I personally use a script called nivo slider.

http://nivo.dev7studios.com/

It does the job well and uses html/css/javascript.

Comment

Hi Jasper,

how did you put it in your Forum? Do you have a step by step description?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X