Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

strangeness in currently active users (whos online)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] strangeness in currently active users (whos online)

I am running 4.1.4 pl2, but this has been going on since before the patches.

When looking at the forumhome, currently active users may say something like "15" members, but when I click on the link, it will show something like "50" members. I have multiple forums, but only one of my forums does this. In this case, the "15" is the accurate number, and when clicking on the link, members names may show up 2-3 times in the list.

Anybody ran across something like this?

revert FORUMHOME

Comment

forumhome wasn't modified, but I did a "save and revert" just to try. Still have the issue.

Comment

I am having a similar problem on 4.1.4 pl1, except it doesn't always show the incorrect number of users on our forum. It might be correct for a few hours and then all of a sudden there are 100s of members online when there are only 10 members currently with access (the forum is not open yet). When it does this, some members are listed several times sometimes with different locations/times.

I tried tracking what the most recent activity was when the error occured, but each time it is something different (in admin forum, posting to gallery, using flashchat etc).

Is revert FORUMHOME the solution for me as well, or is this a setting issue that I missed?

Comment

from what I remember this bug was report and I think a fix is coming out in 4.1.5 saying that I dont have this bug and never have so it also could be down to a custom plugin

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X