• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support

• Lynne
    replied
    Any image you view in a browser is downloadable with the click of a button. So "seeing" is equivalent to "downloading" in this case.

Leave a comment:

• FreakyGsMom

• FreakyGsMom
    replied
    Originally posted by Lynne View Post
    This is an image in a CMS article. The permissions for this are in admincp > vBulletin CMS > Permissions. You must click to view the permissions for that section.... if they inherit permissions from an 'above' section, you must go look at the permissions for that section. Now see if the usergroups may view attachments for that section.
    I don't like the fact that I have to give unregistered users permission to download attachments, in order to see my article images. "Seeing" an article's image is not equivalent to "downloading." This differentiation is a very basic CMS function that is built into the vast majority of the CMS publishing systems on the market. And to have such a rule inherent to a CMS, OOTB, isn't rocket science.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support

• Lynne
    replied
    This is an image in a CMS article. The permissions for this are in admincp > vBulletin CMS > Permissions. You must click to view the permissions for that section.... if they inherit permissions from an 'above' section, you must go look at the permissions for that section. Now see if the usergroups may view attachments for that section.

Leave a comment:

• Jimmy D. Giles

• Jimmy D. Giles
    replied
    Originally posted by Americangirl01 View Post
    Do you have it stored as one of your attachments in the database?
    Yes, precisely. Formerly I would insert images with my editor but that button disappeared. Maybe that's what I need to fix, i.e., my editor. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Hawk2

• Hawk2
    replied
    he made me a temp admin and I could see it but he did not set the permissions in the admin panel right for me to help him as i could not see the sections i needed

Leave a comment:

• Americangirl01

• Americangirl01
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimmy D. Giles View Post
    What's your user name so I can approve you? Thank you.
    Thank you for the approval. . The bad news is that I was unable to see the image as a registered user. Do you have it stored as one of your attachments in the database?

Leave a comment:

• Americangirl01

• Americangirl01
    replied
    PM sent.

Leave a comment:

• Jimmy D. Giles

• Jimmy D. Giles
    replied
    You must do it for each section that is defined within the CMS. The Sections are displayed at the bottom of the CMS Permissions page.

Also, as a FYI, I registered at your sight. I am halfway there, awaiting my email confirmation. As a user awaiting confirmation, I have the same issue and cannot see the images within the CMS articles.

Leave a comment:

• Jimmy D. Giles

• Jimmy D. Giles
    replied
    You must do it for each section that is defined within the CMS. The Sections are displayed at the bottom of the CMS Permissions page.

Also, as a FYI, I registered at your sight. I am halfway there, awaiting my email confirmation. As a user awaiting confirmation, I have the same issue and cannot see the images within the CMS articles.
    I went to the bottom and checked the boxes there too.

Leave a comment:

• Americangirl01

• Americangirl01
    replied
    Originally posted by Hawk2 View Post
    download attachments has nothing to do with it i have this set to no and guests can see all mine ok
    It is under CMS permissions, not attachments. I can uncheck the box to download CMS attachments and break the display for the unregistered (or any other group) every time. Sorry.....

Leave a comment:

• Americangirl01

• Americangirl01
    replied
    I have that box checked and still not viewable.

Leave a comment:

• Hawk2

• Hawk2
    replied
    download attachments has nothing to do with it i have this set to no and guests can see all mine ok

Leave a comment:

• Jimmy D. Giles

• Jimmy D. Giles
    replied
    VBulletin CMS > Permissions > Unregistered / Not Logged In > Can Download Attachments = Yes (checked)

I was able to duplicate this on our forum. Neither linked nor attached images were showing in the CMS articles for Unregistered / Not Logged In until I checked the Can Download Attachments box. Now both types of images are showing for Unregistered / Not Logged In group.
    I have that box checked and still not viewable.

Leave a comment:

• josiah

• josiah
    replied
    can download attachments has nothing to do with can view attachments...........see reply 8 then 5

Leave a comment:

• Hawk2

• Hawk2
    replied
    waiting for a reply to my pm

Leave a comment: