No announcement yet.

Unregistered / Not Logged In users cannot view attachments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he made me a temp admin and I could see it but he did not set the permissions in the admin panel right for me to help him as i could not see the sections i needed

Comment

Originally posted by Americangirl01 View Post
      Do you have it stored as one of your attachments in the database?
      Yes, precisely. Formerly I would insert images with my editor but that button disappeared. Maybe that's what I need to fix, i.e., my editor. Thank you.

Comment

This is an image in a CMS article. The permissions for this are in admincp > vBulletin CMS > Permissions. You must click to view the permissions for that section.... if they inherit permissions from an 'above' section, you must go look at the permissions for that section. Now see if the usergroups may view attachments for that section.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
          This is an image in a CMS article. The permissions for this are in admincp > vBulletin CMS > Permissions. You must click to view the permissions for that section.... if they inherit permissions from an 'above' section, you must go look at the permissions for that section. Now see if the usergroups may view attachments for that section.
          I don't like the fact that I have to give unregistered users permission to download attachments, in order to see my article images. "Seeing" an article's image is not equivalent to "downloading." This differentiation is a very basic CMS function that is built into the vast majority of the CMS publishing systems on the market. And to have such a rule inherent to a CMS, OOTB, isn't rocket science.

Comment

Any image you view in a browser is downloadable with the click of a button. So "seeing" is equivalent to "downloading" in this case.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
            vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
            Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
            If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment