Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unregistered / Not Logged In users cannot view attachments

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    vBulletin CMS/Permissions

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Hawk2 View Post
      you have set permssions in the cms ok as by the look of that site you have missed that part
      But you can't see the image above, can you?

      Comment


      • #18
        will pm you

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Hawk2 View Post
          vBulletin CMS/Permissions
          Unregistered / Not Logged In boxes are checked Can Read and Can Download Attachments but still un-viewable.

          Comment


          • #20
            and you have set the same for each section

            Comment


            • #21
              waiting for a reply to my pm

              Comment


              • #22
                can download attachments has nothing to do with can view attachments...........see reply 8 then 5
                <<<<<<<<< It is over there !

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Americangirl01 View Post
                  VBulletin CMS > Permissions > Unregistered / Not Logged In > Can Download Attachments = Yes (checked)

                  I was able to duplicate this on our forum. Neither linked nor attached images were showing in the CMS articles for Unregistered / Not Logged In until I checked the Can Download Attachments box. Now both types of images are showing for Unregistered / Not Logged In group.
                  I have that box checked and still not viewable.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    download attachments has nothing to do with it i have this set to no and guests can see all mine ok

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Jimmy D. Giles View Post
                      I have that box checked and still not viewable.
                      You must do it for each section that is defined within the CMS. The Sections are displayed at the bottom of the CMS Permissions page.

                      Also, as a FYI, I registered at your sight. I am halfway there, awaiting my email confirmation. As a user awaiting confirmation, I have the same issue and cannot see the images within the CMS articles.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Hawk2 View Post
                        download attachments has nothing to do with it i have this set to no and guests can see all mine ok
                        It is under CMS permissions, not attachments. I can uncheck the box to download CMS attachments and break the display for the unregistered (or any other group) every time. Sorry.....

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Americangirl01 View Post
                          You must do it for each section that is defined within the CMS. The Sections are displayed at the bottom of the CMS Permissions page.

                          Also, as a FYI, I registered at your sight. I am halfway there, awaiting my email confirmation. As a user awaiting confirmation, I have the same issue and cannot see the images within the CMS articles.
                          I went to the bottom and checked the boxes there too.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Americangirl01 View Post
                            You must do it for each section that is defined within the CMS. The Sections are displayed at the bottom of the CMS Permissions page.

                            Also, as a FYI, I registered at your sight. I am halfway there, awaiting my email confirmation. As a user awaiting confirmation, I have the same issue and cannot see the images within the CMS articles.
                            What's your user name so I can approve you? Thank you.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Jimmy D. Giles View Post
                              What's your user name so I can approve you? Thank you.
                              PM sent.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Jimmy D. Giles View Post
                                What's your user name so I can approve you? Thank you.
                                Thank you for the approval. . The bad news is that I was unable to see the image as a registered user. Do you have it stored as one of your attachments in the database?

                                Comment

                                Related Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X