4.1.3 to 4.1.4 w/ Patch problem. *PIC*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] 4.1.3 to 4.1.4 w/ Patch problem. *PIC*

After upgrading from 4.1.3 to the latest, this happened.

Pic:
    http://www.westtexasforums.com/ILove...UpdateFail.png

Ideas on fixing this?

Did you check for updated templates? (should be notices in the admincp if so)

Otherwise, you may try flushing your browser cache since 4.1.3 to 4.1.4 is a big change with the new editor and all.
    To be updated...

Comment

Originally posted by DISLEX View Post
      After upgrading from 4.1.3 to the latest, this happened.

Pic:
      http://www.westtexasforums.com/ILove...UpdateFail.png

Ideas on fixing this?
      You have to upload the CK Editor files into your forum.
      The best way to upgrade is to upload the whole new forum and upgrade the database.

Comment

Originally posted by albanah View Post
        You have to upload the CK Editor files into your forum.
        The best way to upgrade is to upload the whole new forum and upgrade the database.
        Is there a step by step on this? I don't know how.

Comment

is the upgrade to 4.14 from 4.13 pl1 needed for the Phishing patch I was waiting till 4.15 was released to be sure all my mods were ready.
          Designing Your Forum Around The Members Lifestyle becoming A Valuable Asset To The Community With VB Before Trying To Make A Buck.

Comment

Yes, you would need to upgrade to 4.1.4.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Steve,
              I am trying to find the place where we install the Phishing patch upgrade. And I just get to the 4.1.4 upgrade.

Where "exactly" is this upgrade with a full instructions page? Thank you.
              Edie Newbee Williams

www.dancerhangout.com

Comment

Originally posted by DISLEX View Post
                Is there a step by step on this? I don't know how.
                The step by step instructions are in the readme file(s) that are included with the upgrades that are downloaded from the members area.

Comment

I'm lost.

How do I "upload the CK Editor files into your forum.
                  The best way to upgrade is to upload the whole new forum and upgrade the database."?

As stated before, as of now, I am on 4.1.4 P1.

I really need more specific instructions than just being told there are instructions.

Comment

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all products (except vB Blog, vB CMS and Skimlinks if you have them.)

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Disable

Then manually uncheck all plugins that are not for 'vBulletin Blog' and vBulletin CMS' here:

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Plugin Manager

You must do BOTH of those steps in order to disable all non vBulletin Modifications.

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment