X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stuuu
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery View Post
    If nothing is broken, an optimize probably shouldn't hurt anything. But you shouldn't run a repair or do anything else to the tables unless there is a problem.
    Yeah everything is fine from what I can see. I might give an optimize a go then Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    If nothing is broken, an optimize probably shouldn't hurt anything. But you shouldn't run a repair or do anything else to the tables unless there is a problem.

Leave a comment:

• stuuu
    started a topic [Forum] MySQL database maintenance

MySQL database maintenance

Hi all,

I've ran a successful vBulletin forum for almost 10 years now and I was wondering what admins do regarding their MySQL database when at this sort of age. We've recently hit 1,000,000 posts and I'm sure its about time I did some maintenance on the database tables.

The database is a few GB in size and hasn't been maintained much, at least during the last few years.

So I'm looking for any advice on the best ways to keep my database in good shape and to improve speed if possible. I see the vBulletin AdminCP has a few options regarding DB maintenance, is this all I should be looking at?

Many thanks!
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X