Like button not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Like button not working

It's been working fine until today. Now when I click the like button it changes over to the liked icon and the comment windows shows, but only for a split second. Then it goes back to the like button. I check my FB account and it's not showing up.
    I'm running 4.1.2 full suite. I have not made any changes to the FB setup in options. I have been working on some themes but I don't think that's causing the problem. I have checked the FB function in the default theme and it's still no joy.
    Hmmm...

Originally posted by setishock View Post
    It's been working fine until today. Now when I click the like button it changes over to the liked icon and the comment windows shows, but only for a split second. Then it goes back to the like button. I check my FB account and it's not showing up.
    I'm running 4.1.2 full suite. I have not made any changes to the FB setup in options. I have been working on some themes but I don't think that's causing the problem. I have checked the FB function in the default theme and it's still no joy.
    Hmmm...

Got the same issue, no matter what browser i try it in the same happens.

Put a support ticket in, and no joy, as they say they can like it and it posts on their wall, so told me to go to my host.

So put a ticket in with them, and will await for their response.
    Truckdriver-online.com - Driver hours and tachograph regulations - visit here

Comment

I found something out this morning that has some bearing on what's going on. My Ghost in the Shell fan story is 25 good sized posts smeared over 5 pages of 5 posts per page. I logged in to FB from my forum and let it have some time to get settled. I then clicked on the like button and finally, finally, got an error.
      It's a clickable link. It showed an error message from FB:
      There was an error liking the page. If you are the page owner, please try running your page through the linter on the Facebook devsite (https://developers.facebook.com/tools/lint/) and fixing any errors.
      Facebook ©2010
      I went to a thread that was just one pic and clicked on the like button. Worked like it was supposed to.
      Conclusion: The story is 1 million + characters and appears to be too big for the FB connect to handle. FB appears to be for much smaller posts and threads. This is not a VB issue but instead a FB issue.
      Solution: Either stop using FB. Or break threads in to smaller sub threads and use FB.

Comment

Actually, when I tried to send one of my links into https://developers.facebook.com/tools/lint/ I get this:

Required Property Missingog:title is required

Don't recall messing with any FB things in the header, will have to check.
        Currently working on:
        Anizeen - What anime have you seen?
        Osito Barrigón - Winnie Pooh y sus Amigos

Comment