Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multiple Domains Points to Same Forum Installation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Multiple Domains Points to Same Forum Installation?

I wonder if it is technically possible for example i have www.forum1.com, www.forum2.com, www.forum3.com points to the exactly same vbulletin installation (same skin, same content, everything is the same) ?
    (dont ask me why i want this )

Because as far as i know the "Forum URL" setting only can receive only one input?
    That's the only problem i guess.

Or can i change the "Forum URL" dynamically? For example if user uses "www.forum1.com", it will use that domain as "Forum URL" and vice versa?

Thanks for the help.

Update : i've found the solution by Cerberus product http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=254197

Actually i am trying to make my forum accessible via Domain & IP address.
    At default, when i try to visit the forum by IP address, the style is broken, because <base href="/" > problem, etc.
    Last edited by semprot; Sun 10 Jul '11, 4:28am.
    I use vbulletin.

Originally posted by semprot View Post
    I wonder if it is technically possible for example i have www.forum1.com, www.forum2.com, www.forum3.com points to the exactly same vbulletin installation (same skin, same content, everything is the same) ?
    (dont ask me why i want this )

Because as far as i know the "Forum URL" setting only can receive only one input?
    That's the only problem i guess.

Or can i change the "Forum URL" dynamically? For example if user uses "www.forum1.com", it will use that domain as "Forum URL" and vice versa?

Thanks for the help.

Update : i've found the solution by Cerberus product http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=254197

Actually i am trying to make my forum accessible via Domain & IP address.
    At default, when i try to visit the forum by IP address, the style is broken, because <base href="/" > problem, etc.
    Setup one primary domain and have your vBulletin installed on that, Then park/point your domains ontop of the primary.

ie

domain2.com points to domain1.com
    domain3.com points to domain1.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X