Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weave
    replied
    Hum, so right now I need a host who would give me around 750...and my forum is growing very fast.

So no idea why, with only 7 users, this happend?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    1. Yes, got that. It's still a server issue.
    2. You have more MySQL connections to vB than your host allows. That is the problem.
    3. That depends on how busy your forums are and exactly what your members are doing. I would start with about twice the maximum number of users (guests and members) on your site at any given time.

Leave a comment:

• weave
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
    This is a server/host issue. The server has maxed out the number of MySQL connections your host allows you to have. You can try turning persistent connections off in your config.php:

$config['MasterServer']['usepconnect'] = 0;

But if you still have problems after that, all you can do is ask your host to raise the maximum number of connections they allow.

Here is more info on this error:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/...resources.html
    http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/...resources.html
    Ok, I get the canned response, can you go back and re-read what I said?

1) The setting is at "0"
    2) Why does vBulletin do this when PHPBB3 clearly does not (seems to be more of a vBulletin issue to me)
    3) if is it a hosting issue, fine, what is the number of SQL connections I need to find? 500, 1000, unlimited?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    This is a server/host issue. The server has maxed out the number of MySQL connections your host allows you to have. You can try turning persistent connections off in your config.php:

But if you still have problems after that, all you can do is ask your host to raise the maximum number of connections they allow.

Here is more info on this error:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/...resources.html
    http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/...resources.html

Leave a comment:

• weave
    started a topic [Forum] Another mySQL DB Connection Limit Issue

Another mySQL DB Connection Limit Issue

So I am new to vBulletin...coming from PHPBB3.

Right now my forum is hosted on Bluehost (both the PHPBB3 and the new vBulletin). I am currently in the install and testing phase with VB 4.1.4 and have all of 7 users testing with me......yet this AM I wake up to hundreds of these emails.

Database error in vBulletin :

mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: User [username] already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections/[location]/includes/class_core.php on line 314

MySQL Error :
    Error Number :
    Request Date : Thursday, July 7th 2011 @ 07:29:27 PM
    Error Date : Thursday, July 7th 2011 @ 07:29:27 PM
    Script : xxxxx
    Referrer : xxxx
    IP Address : x.x.x.x
    Username :
    Classname : vB_Database
    MySQL Version :

So I get that, from asking BlueHost support, that the current limit is 20. I also get, from reading, that this is too low yet have not seen what number is ideal. From talking to them, I can pay to upgrade to 40.....not sure that does my any good.

Where I am really struggling is that my current forum (PHPBB), on the same hosting provider, has around 200 concurrent users at a time, with the largest to date over 300 at once... Now here I am in a "test" forum with 7 whole users, and I get these emails???? I am stuck as this just does not compute at all....even if I was hit by bots.

Most users ever online was 5, 15 Hours Ago at 01:24 AM.

I have also made sure that I have this setting in my config.php

So someone please help me out here. Either I have an error in my configs, or 4.1.4 needs to be recoded in the way it handles DB connections..

I have already looked at other hosting providers, and while they may get me over the SQL limit, their max GB bandwidth limit would kill me as I am always over 100GB per month and growing every month.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X