No announcement yet.

What is the deal with the licenes now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] What is the deal with the licenes now?

Hi

I am currently running a site for a person who has VB 4.x license which has expiry date of "none".

It used to be that you had an expiry date of 1 year after renewal and you paid about £40 per year to renew and could upgrade to the latest VB version, I have a VB license but it expired and the latest version I can download is 4.0.3 or something.

But with this license for this other site I am running it says none. So does this mean that the license for vb4.x is free upgrades until 5.x?

With my other license if I upgrade paying the $175 fee to vb4.x it would say expiry of None, but obviously I would want to find out if it is worth it or not before I do it for my own license.

Just need to clear this up as the guy who owns this license doesn't really want to be paying $175 per year!

Thanks

Originally posted by x YNWA x View Post
    So does this mean that the license for vb4.x is free upgrades until 5.x?
    Yes.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

Originally posted by beishe8 View Post
      Yes.
      Thanks.
      So does anyone know how far away VB 5.x is? For all I know it could be next month or 3 years. Knowing me, I would uprgade my other license to 4.x and then two weeks later 5.x would be released lol

Comment

Originally posted by x YNWA x View Post
        So does anyone know how far away VB 5.x is? For all I know it could be next month or 3 years.
        That's eggsactly what we know.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X