No announcement yet.

HELP! - Huge drop in pageviews!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] HELP! - Huge drop in pageviews!!!

On the 1st April this year I upgraded my site from 3.7.3 to 4.0.7.

Very little changed from a cosmetic point of view, my brief to the programmer was to keep the new site looking as close to the original as possible. Of course I got some members complaining they didnt like the look of the new site but overall people seemed happy. I stepped up my adsense presence on the site and the revenue jumped quite considerably, say 300%.

Immediately prior to the switch I was getting a steady 1,500,000 page views per month, over the last month since the switch this has significantly declines to the point where today it is now just under 1,000,000. That's a 33% drop in page views in only 3 months!

I have been looking for ways that vB4 has made using the site easier and avoided the need for a new page to achieve the same result, hence the drop. Sadly Im struggling badly at finding the problem. I have not had a significant fall out with the membership and I am not aware of any rival forums starting that would take activity away from me in such a significant way.

I would greatly appreciate any thoughts, help or suggestions.

Alan

Its not about vbulletin google has made some changes - read about google panda and you will get your answers.

regards
    Search Engine Optimization Blog

Comment

VB4 also changes how the page loads depending on the situation.

"Page Views" count does drop after upgrading to VB4, partially because of the way VB4 updates the page view when replying to threads.

There's a couple of threads floating around about this.
      To be updated...

Comment

Originally posted by ENF View Post
        VB4 also changes how the page loads depending on the situation.

"Page Views" count does drop after upgrading to VB4, partially because of the way VB4 updates the page view when replying to threads.
        Can you maybe eloborate about this?

Comment

A reply does not create a pageload. It uses Ajax to submit the replywithout reloading the page.
          MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.0 Demo
          AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

The sad part is the the drop in page views according to Analytics is mirrored by Adsense with the same drop in site revenue. For me, if I knew this I would have stuck it out on 3.8.9.

Comment

As I recall, you can turn off ajax, but think its a sitewide all or nothing setting.

I also seem to vagely recall you can turn off quick reply, its a long while since I looked at such settings.
              Baby, I was born this way

Comment

Did the URL structure change? Have you checked Google Analytics for your site?
                Psychlinks Web Services Affordable Web Design & Site Management
                Specializing in Small Businesses and vBulletin/Xenforo Forums

Comment

My site structure remains the same as before. Everything is the same, the only different now recording 50% of the page views on Analytics, and as said above, the same is mirrored by Adsense, meaning a 50% drop in revenue.

Comment

Why did you "upgrade" to 4.0.7?

Thats an ancient version, that no one should be running, let alone uprading to, it has a lot of old bugs, not to mention quite a few security holes, all fixed in later versions.
                    Baby, I was born this way

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X