Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Unable to upload image anymore

Hi all,
    I've a trouble with my last vBulletin suite 4.1.4, I was uploading 38 images in a post (I removed ALL size/quantity limitations about upload), when the flashuploader reached the 14th image it stops with error, than I tried to upload that or other images but nothing change, I tried to open a new thread or other but nothing, at last i create a new virtual machine (a new one), I've installed apache 2 and all stuff to use my vbulletin (just to be sure that isn't a server troubles but nothing, I tried to disable all mods using DISABLE_HOOKS but nothing.

For the destination folder, Write auth are OK and user is the right one, i checked it twice and I forced it using chmod -R 777 attach_folder and chown -R www-root:www-root attach_folder, there are about 10gb of free space, apache 2 error log haven't nothing about that transaction, the apache 2 access log says only 87.10.107.128 - - [02/Jul/2011:16:26:18 +0000] "POST /newattachment.php HTTP/1.1" 500 5961589 "-" "Adobe Flash Player 10" when the upload finish

When I move my mouse on the allert icon i can see "500 [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2038"]" as you can see in following video:

Than I looked for that error on google and I found some possible cause, like security mod or soushin, I tried both, disable both or recompile php without, but nothing... It's frustrating!

I really need to fix it, my board it's a board based on image uploaded by users!
    Last edited by RedFoxy; Sat 2 Jul '11, 9:08am.

I too am having this problem. I just created a new article and can't upload any images via computer or URL. All it says is "denied". I also uploaded the images via FTP and get the same message.

NOTE: I am able to upload images in the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemurphy View Post
      I too am having this problem. I just created a new article and can't upload any images via computer or URL. All it says is "denied". I also uploaded the images via FTP and get the same message.

NOTE: I am able to upload images in the forums.
      I had the same problem and found this solution:
      1. go to admin panel, sellect settings, then Message attachment settings
      2. change the value for attachments per post

This was here limited to 5 and I just put in a higher number.
      See u @ my site www.vinkenier.be

Comment

I have the exact same problem as indicated in post #1 and since 4.2.0 patch level 2 update. Post #3 advise did not work for me.

Our site depends on the ability to post images.

Please, any advise will be VERY MUCH appreciated!!!!

Comment

Please start your own thread with your own information, there are very similar errors that are very different, thanks.

Comment