Session URL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Session URL?

I had someone say they are seeing sessions url's on my forum and I should turn them off?

So could someone explain to me in simple terms what a session url is, cant seem to find anything on the web, and if I should turn them off how to do it?

thanks
    Last edited by draperg; Thu 30 Jun '11, 2:27am.
    Honda Motocross Forum

Barter Forum

Hiking Forum

They can't be turned off. They are required for users who are not logged in or are blocking cookies.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by draperg View Post
      So could someone explain to me in simple terms what a session url is...
      Here is the wikipedia explanation.

HTTP session token

A session token is a unique identifier that is generated and sent from a server to a client to identify the current interaction session. The client usually stores and sends the token as an HTTP cookie and/or sends it as a parameter in GET or POST queries. The reason to use session tokens is that the client only has to handle the identifier—all session data is stored on the server (usually in a database, to which the client does not have direct access) linked to that identifier. Examples of the names that some programming languages use when naming their HTTP cookie include JSESSIONID (JSP), PHPSESSID (PHP), and ASPSESSIONID (ASP).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Session...ter_science%29
      To see what the session id looks like in vBulletin, log out of your forum, edit your browser to not allow cookies and then browse your forum. Look at the URL you will see the session id in the URL.

Comment

thanks both
        Honda Motocross Forum

Barter Forum

Hiking Forum

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X