Template editing for automatic merging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Template editing for automatic merging

In v3, I would originally have different styles for different groups of forums, and some of the templates for those alternative styles were edited.

To minimize template edits, I then changed to editing only one (main) template and having conditionals for different forums.

For instance if I did not want the number of forum views on a group of forums I use for news I would originally:
    delete
    Code:
    <li>{vb:rawphrase views}: {vb:raw  thread.views}</li>
    on the template (in this case, threadbit) for the style assigned to news forums

and later I would instead edit the main template to avoid that line with conditionals.
    Code:
    <vb:if  condition="!in_array($GLOBALS[forumid],  array(17,18,19))"><li>{vb:rawphrase views}: {vb:raw  thread.views}</li></vb:if>
    Now with automatic merging in V4 those templates with in the main style produce a conflict that will not allow for automatic merging.

I was wondering if going back to just deleting unwanted lines in templates for the alternative styles would allow for automatic template merging (and hence easier updating).

In general, it would be nice to know how to promote automatic merging.
    Vote for these issues:
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X