Unable to modify or remove users with 0 posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Unable to modify or remove users with 0 posts

I have about 100 or so users that have 0 posts and do not have a username. All they have is an e-mail address. I am unable to modify or remove these users.

Clicking on "Go" next to Modify or Delete doesn't do anything.

Any ideas are much appreciated.

Thank you!

It sounds like they either are guests post or posts for users that have been deleted. If there is no user account, then there is no account to delete or remove.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hey Steve -

Thanks for the quick reply.

These "ghost" users are listed in the control panel. Only their e-mail address shows, the username column is blank.

Some of these users want to post to the forum, but can't because
      A. They don't have a username
      B. Can't register as a new user because the e-mail address is in use.

If one of these "ghost" users requests a lost password, they receive the password but the username field is blank.

Thanks!

Comment

That is cwertainly odd and not somthing that would happen with the default vB code. have you tried manually changing the username?
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

It is definitely odd. When I select View/Edit User and then select Go, nothing happens.

But here is something interesting.

A. If a user without a username has 1 or more posts in the post-count, I can select View/Edit User > Go and manually add a username.
          B. If a user without a username has 0 posts in the post-count, I cannot select View/Edit User > Go to manually add a username.

Unfortunately the users wanting access have 0 posts. A short-term solution would be to have them register using a different e-mail address.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X