Thread title ending with string of periods causes error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Thread title ending with string of periods causes error

I just recently came a cross a new error... a user made a new thread with periods in the title, and when the thread reached two pages it started giving errors when trying to reach the second page. It gives a 403 forbidden error because of the extra periods in the url.http://www.keevanmotorsports.com//sh...test..../page2 btw, this new editor really sucks. I can't use the return key, so everything is all bunched into one, and I can't select anything, the cursor location doesn't seem to effect anything, I can highlight text and try to delete or overwrite it, but it just keeps going on typing at that end of the line. Sorry for the messed up post, but I can't fix anything in it.

anyway, removing the extra periods from the post title makes it work again. Seems like the title => url logic is missing some encoding, specifically converting periods to %2E.

Comment

1. That is due to this bug: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-5456

2. The editor is working fine for me. Do you have these problems on this site?
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
        1. That is due to this bug: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-5456

2. The editor is working fine for me. Do you have these problems on this site?
        1) This bug is over a year and a half old now, any idea when it might be fixed then? Seems like a pretty serious oversight.

2) yes, the problem was on this forum. However now it seems to be working, and I did go back and was able to edit my post ok, so I guess it was just a one-time issue.

Comment

1. I do not know. Sorry.

2. That was possibly a caching issue. Glad it's working now.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by pitrow View Post
            1) This bug is over a year and a half old now, any idea when it might be fixed then? Seems like a pretty serious oversight.
            Probably because it appears to be a server configuration issue, not a bug in vbulletin.
            Baby, I was born this way

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X