X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also,

Here's a screen grab of the Diagnostics page for Suspect File Versions:

http://www.politicalforums.net/tmp/s...e_versions.jpg

It says Blank.html "File does not contain expected contents", but I have reuploaded it from quite a few earlier versions of Vb too and it still says this.

Thanks again!
    Brewskie

Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side & a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

There are only two rules in construction:
    If it moves and it shouldn't..........use Duct Tape
    If it doesn't move and it should.....use WD-40

Comment

Unfortunately I still get a blank page with FF when accessing your site.

And with Chrome, I get this error:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2011-07-02 at 10.30.48 AM.png
Views:	1
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	3682770

If you really have removed all modifications and add-ons, then this is a server issue and you need to contact your host. Whatever is causing this is likely causing your other issues as well.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Dang

I run my own server with root access. Something like this is beyond my knowledge however.

I did run some queries to optimize and repair the tables, but the same error occurs when trying to promote an article.

As for the blank page I've tried all four of my computers and I get the appropriate pages displayed. Plus a couple online friends tell me they see the page as well.

As I said earlier, the problem started after I upgraded to 4.1.3 and continues with 4.1.4. I was hope the new version would have fixed it.

Here is my phpinfo file so you can see that things like Suhosin is not installed and magic_quotes are off, etc. And the server is running the latest version of PHP (I think):

http://www.politicalforums.net/phpinfo.php

The only thing I can think of, if it's a server thing, is to rebuild Apache.
        Brewskie

Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side & a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

Comment

I'm wondering...

Will Mod Security or Security&Firewall have something to do with the white page displaying for you? (I'm running cPanel)
          Brewskie

Comment

I think I'll upload vB to another one of my domains and see if the problem occurs there.

I guess that if it works with a new install then there may be a problem with the DB.
            Brewskie

Comment

Suhosin has been known to cause this, but not mod_security per se. Usually mod_security will product a 404 or 'Forbidden' error.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Suhosin is not install on my server.

I installed vB on another of my domains and tried to Promote a test article and it worked just as it should.

So the problem must be in the DB somehow.

Here's the test vB: http://www.brianewing.net/index.php
                Brewskie

Comment

Perhaps a table that holds info on installed mods that didn't get cleared out, or something?
                  Brewskie

Comment

Did you give up on me Steve?

I've done everything that you said should be followed and I even showed that the problem is not the server by installing a test setup on another domain.

Please, help me get this site back up to par
                    Brewskie

Comment

If you are still getting the eval() error, then posts #2 and 4 are still applicable.

If it's the white page issue, then this contains ALL the known causes of blank or 'white' pages:

https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/blank_pages

Did you try disabling GZIP? What do your server error logs show?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Have you tried the link to the test set up at http://www.brianewing.net/index.php ?

Do you only see a white page?
                        Brewskie

Comment

No, because I was using the link you provided in post #7.

This is what I see with that link:

Name:	Screen shot 2011-07-12 at 2.16.35 PM.png
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	3682822

This means that you either have a bad index.php files, the file permissions or wrongs, or your server is unable to correctly run index.php files.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

OK.. how about the actual forums?

http://www.brianewing.net/forums/forum.php

My three computers see the new test set up and I've been running vB for years and these problems didn't start until I updated to 4.1.3. I know it's not a server issue.
                            Brewskie

Comment

Same thing, except with forum.php this time:

Name:	Screen shot 2011-07-12 at 2.42.43 PM.png
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	3682823

Same potential causes as before.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X