No announcement yet.

I hate ckeditor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to eat a little humble pie and say that feedback from our members on the new editor has been very positive, plus now that I know about the "Switch Editor to Source Mode" button it doesn't seem as bad as I initially thought.

Originally posted by rootsxrocks View Post
    I don't want to pick but this blows me away! You have been an admin since 2004 and you are still paying someone else to do a simple upgrade? and pay such an outlandish amount $180.00 WOW ! that's the cost of a forum license. I have found upgrading and installing VB to be pretty darn easy after I learned the ropes of hosting and FTP...
    Thanks for the feedback, I'm not a technical person and have always had other people do the technical admin tasks on my forums, however I'm working on changing that - How should I go about learning how to admin my own VB forum?

Originally posted by punchbowl View Post
    ...or the job finished.
    Why do you say that the job is not finished?

Originally posted by Ramsesx View Post
    That may be right, but you know well, especially being a coder yourself, it's way harder than it was on vB3 to change stuff and keep it running the way you want it to be.
    Every forum solution should be build with the real life usage in mind and not only for theory, how many boards are without style changes and/or usage of add-ons?
    What I want to say, vBulletin is not responsible for issues beyond the basic usage, but they are responsible to give us the best solution we can build upon.
    If we're comparing it with cars, you buy a car and replace the default tires with bigger tires and after a callback you receive it back but the tires doesn't fit anymore.
    Or they build in a new radio with blue-ray CD-player and all your old recorded CD's aren't usable at all....
    I agree with all that and still feel that given that VB themselves say "99% of the upgrade errors comes from modification of some sort..." that perhaps then just maybe this is something VB should look at. I also strongly believe that when a company experiences strong levels of dissatisfaction from their customers, listening to those customers and then looking internally to see what they can do to improve, is a much better approach than blaming external circumstances.

Anyway I've decided that August is going to be my love VB month and I'm going to try very hard not to complain or even think negatively about the software until at least the 1st Sept.
    Fergal Crawley
    Business Advice Forum

Forum Promotion

Comment

Really i

really you should allow it so we can see the BB codes

it makes it alot easyer

in idea for the VB Devs to think about

Comment

If you want to see the bbcodes, click the a/A button.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X