I hate ckeditor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scalemotorcars View Post
    Ive been using Vb for 5 years and until this week its been great. I upgraded to 4.1.4 and now I have no editor at all. I simply refuses to load. Ive spent the last several days trying to fix it and have tried just about every possible solution. VB knows the editor sucks so why offered it as the only option in 4.1.4. Do the right thing VB and fix it or replace the old editor.
    It's not broken. Many sites are using it with no issues, this one included. And vB does not "know the editor sucks", how ridiculous.

Obviously I'm sure you will have carried out this upgrade on a test site first and not on your live board.

Post for support in the vB4 support forum and someone will be able to assist.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.4 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Do the right thing VB and fix it or replace the old editor.
      Do the right thing and upload all folders, especially the ckeditor folders. I upgraded 3 boards and had no issues. You have to blame yourself.

Comment

its working fantastic for me, it even carried over my custom bb code buttons without a hitch.
        Designing Your Forum Around The Members Lifestyle becoming A Valuable Asset To The Community With VB Before Trying To Make A Buck.

Comment

I"m going to have to downgrade today. I can't get the editor functioning properly either. I have missing buttons and no custom codes. I"m sure it works fine for many but I've been reading and searching for a few hours and many people are having issues with it. I think a choice of the editors would have been the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by reeshe View Post
            I think a choice of the editors would have been the way to go.
            This has been covered previously. Its not desirable, and certainly not practical.
            Baby, I was born this way

Comment

He's the thing. I agree allot of you guys may be just fine but allot of others ARE having issues with the editor. Even VB admits its full of bugs but still they drop it into a new version anyway with no option to not use it....

IMHO a paid product like VB really should extend a bit more caution. Honestly, when was the last time any of you bought anything that the manufacturer admitted was faulty and still charged you $200 for it. Can you imagine a TV comercial for a new LCD and right there is says. "By the way the tuner works for most but only works sometimes for others and not at all for a few. The only time I can remember anything like that is with med commercials and we all know the side effects of the anti depressants, "this product might just kill you but send us your money and we'll be happy to put you out of your misery".......

I apologize if I sounded rude in my post above but I'm tired and I need to get my board back up and running asap. Ive gone over the upgrade and uploaded all files over and over again with no change. Ive tried all the solutions I could fine (yes I have looked and read every thread related to this issue) and still no change.

How about it, can someone please give me a hand on my thread. Since my issue seems to be a bit more then just turning on or off the editor the solution may end up helping others and we can all get back to enjoying our communities. Just think of all the time saved replying to these editor complaints if it just got fixed....

My thread. and thanks...

Comment

All my editor issues were fixed by upgrading to 4.1.5. I know this version isn't stable but at least I have my board working again.

Comment

All my editor issues were fixed by upgrading to 4.1.5. I know this version isn't stable but at least I have my board working again.
                  Glad to know that this is working for you. Unfortunately due to development time and costs, I cannot afford to mess with 4.1.4 and wanted to go directly to 4.1.5 and make sure everything just works as a whole - especially the editor.

What is disappointing is that the editor didn't have to be included. It throws a huge number of issues into a product that needs a great deal more around it than a new editor.
                  My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

Comment

Upgrading to a new editor is not the issue, IPB did it successfully and many other platforms used it from the start with no issues. The problem is the vbulletin development team and the development methodology. No disrespect intended but it is the two themes we keep seeing around the issues that plague the development of the product.
                    Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra View Post
                      Upgrading to a new editor is not the issue, IPB did it successfully and many other platforms used it from the start with no issues. The problem is the vbulletin development team and the development methodology. No disrespect intended but it is the two themes we keep seeing around the issues that plague the development of the product.

Comment

Even VB admits its full of bugs
                        Do they? Where?
                        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.4 Demo
                        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

IMHO a paid product like VB really should extend a bit more caution. Honestly, when was the last time any of you bought anything that the manufacturer admitted was faulty and still charged you $200 for it. Can you imagine a TV commercial for a new LCD and right there is says. "By the way the tuner works for most but only works sometimes for others and not at all for a few. ..
                          Have you ever owned a high performance car they are alway shaving to go in the shop. yet people still spend $200,000 on them.
                          pushing the envelope is alway a quarky proposition
                          many of us want to move on to the future and get past this milestone.
                          I am very happy with what I have so far, and I still look forward to fulfillment of all the promises made by Fabian.
                          I think that a patch should have been made for the pre ck versions, the security threat forcing many to upgrade before they were prepared does sux. you should be able to let your site be sedentary if you desire, however the rest of us are biting at the bit to get out on the track and give her all shes got.
                          Designing Your Forum Around The Members Lifestyle becoming A Valuable Asset To The Community With VB Before Trying To Make A Buck.

Comment

stop tempting me to install the beta. I am really anxious to get to a solid version that can be safely modified without any major surprises in the future that will break it.

Comment

The patch was released to all versions of vBulletin 4.

Comment

tst

test
                                PhotoCamel | PoetryCircle | KissMyCamel

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X