No announcement yet.

Help! Only I can post in a new forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Help! Only I can post in a new forum?

Hi,

This is the strangest problem I've come across in a while. I have tested several logins (2 other admins and 1 as a regular user) on a new forum I'm putting together... and none can post, only myself (the first admin). They can click new reply or new thread fine, and can even enter a thread title, BUT simply cannot type a reply into the box. It is quite simply grayed out and they're unable to even click inside it. I've checked their permissions and the admins have everything ticked but still no dice...

Now I've just updated to 4.1.4 but I'm not certain if the update was the cause of the issue as before that I'd not had others try posting, I was just setting up the basic forum layout.

Anyone have any help or advice?

I've just checked further, they're (the admins) are also unable to post in the CMS section too - exactly the same issue. I can do so fine O.o

Comment

try making a new style and check if it's the same

Comment

I'd already made 2 other styles other than the default (red and green) as I was testing a few color schemes out. I just made another one (style manager - > Add New Style - > no parent style, called it test, allowed user selection) -> Created it. Tried logging in with an admin who isn't me and selected the style with her name and still the same issue? O.o

Comment

screenshot ?

Comment

I've enclosed a few screen shots of what I mean

Left (them) is the admins with issues, right (me) is my account...
            Attached Files

Comment

lets see if it's just with some members ... add a new user and test it in admin group and registered group

Comment

Added another screen shot to show side by side (they're in different browsers I know, but it makes no difference, I've tried multiple accounts in FF and IE).
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MEsh3L85 View Post
                  lets see if it's just with some members ... add a new user and test it in admin group and registered group
                  Hi thanks for the reply, I've just created a user "test" and put it as an administrator and no go... I've tried turning the board on and off and several other bits and pieces. I tried turning off the ability for the user ground to post a thread / reply and then back on again, still no good and had a quick blast at repair counters / repaired some tables and they all seem fine?

Comment

what about disabling Plugin/Hook System ?

Comment

Originally posted by MEsh3L85 View Post
                      what about disabling Plugin/Hook System ?
                      Thanks for another reply, I didn't really have any plugins (it's a pretty much fresh install, aside from creating the forums and basic colors)... but I tried it anyway. Still doesn't work?

Comment

post the url and let me have a go at it
                        http://sulasno.bravehost.com/android.png

Comment

gamingmentor.com

I've set you up as registered user Sulasno (thanks for the offer).

Username: test
                          password: test123

Comment

works perfectly for me !Click image for larger version

Name:	works.gif
Views:	2
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	3682559

Comment

That's freaky?

It's not working for me on 2 different browsers and for someone else who isn't on my network?

*EDIT*

hold on... I think something I was doing fixed it... hold that thought

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X