Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Adverts

Hi

Built into VB there is the advert settings which have ads at various locations. I am using google adsense along with a few others. But I want to do my own location such as just above the Nav Bar (or just below) to do a google link unit. But there is no option for this.

Is there a way to create your own positions to use in the advert system? I want to use that because I can exclude for example a VIP usergroup from seeing ads. So it I pasted the code in manually everyone would see adverts. Unless there is a way to paste the code in but put some kind of rule for the code that it is seen by all usergourps apart from x

Anyone know how this is done?

Thanks

You can manually place the ads in the navbar template if you wish.

That's how we did it before the ad_location templates
    -- Web Developer for hire
    ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

I have added a condition in my template to disable ads for VIP members.

Code:
      <vb:if condition="!is_member_of($bbuserinfo, 11, 12)">
      </vb:if>
      meaning that if members of usergroup 11,12 are viewing my site, they do not see the ads. You simply adjust the usergroup numbers and paste into your ad_footer & ad_header templates.

Comment

Originally posted by GHST View Post
        I have added a condition in my template to disable ads for VIP members.

Code:
        meaning that if members of usergroup 11,12 are viewing my site, they do not see the ads. You simply adjust the usergroup numbers and paste into your ad_footer & ad_header templates.
        Hi

So how would I implement that? Just use that above code and then put the advert code after it? Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Loco.M View Post
          You can manually place the ads in the navbar template if you wish.

That's how we did it before the ad_location templates
          Hi

I know you can do that but then all users see adverts, I don't want certain users to see adverts...

Comment

Originally posted by x YNWA x View Post
            Hi

So how would I implement that? Just use that above code and then put the advert code after it? Cheers
            Like this:

Code:
            YOUR AD CODE HERE

Obviously change your usergroup IDs to those you want to hide it from
            Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
            -
            *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
            - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
            - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
              Like this:

Code:
              YOUR AD CODE HERE

Obviously change your usergroup IDs to those you want to hide it from
              Thanks

Is the code to display ads to those groups? It says "is member of" so I put the usergroup ID's of the ones I want the ads to appear?

Also to get the ad to appear within the first post, is it show thread template I need to edit?

Thanks a lot

Nick

Comment

Its postbit legacy

So I have 1 advert which appears within the first post, which is fine and is what I want and works with the in built VB system.

I now want an advert appearing AFTER (at the bottom of the post) the 1st post, and then every 5 posts after that and everyone sees ads apart from usergroup 10 which is VIP.

So Would I do something like this

<vb:if condition="$post[postcount] == 1 OR $post[postcount] % 15 == 0">

<vb:if condition="!is_member_of($bbuserinfo, 11, 12)"> YOUR AD CODE HERE </vb:if>

or would that not work?

Comment

Doesnt seem to work

I want to basically do this

Have 1 link unit right below the nav bar (not sure which template to edit for that). Then have 1 advert to appear within the first post (done via in built VB adverts and working, then to have an advert appearing after the first post (or maybe 2nd) and then every 15 posts after that (or whatever number I decide is best). But everyone sees adverts apart from one usergroup.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X