X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slinky
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    Unfortunately, you would have to go to vBulletin.org for help with this. We do not support Google's +1 functionality nor have we added it as a default feature in the software. I am guessing the implementation you are using causes some sort of namespace or javascript conflict which prevents normal operation.
    Wayne - I understand where you're coming from but my issue isn't necessarily to do with a "mod" but a question about the operation of vBulletin as a whole and how it generates URLs. I have read complaints about the way vB generates URLs and issues concerning duplicate URLs and site map generation. Here is one post and I know there are more here:

http://www.webmasterworld.com/webmaster/4265786.htm

If the Google +1 button issue isn't working because of the VB URL complaints, then we can expect the operation of VB stock to have problems down the road with regard to SEO and Google SERPs. If the above post is true, we need a solution for how to deal with potential URL duplication and site map issues. I'm just not sure of the answer.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Unfortunately, you would have to go to vBulletin.org for help with this. We do not support Google's +1 functionality nor have we added it as a default feature in the software. I am guessing the implementation you are using causes some sort of namespace or javascript conflict which prevents normal operation.

Leave a comment:

• slinky
    started a topic [Forum] Google +1 Button Problems

Google +1 Button Problems

Before anyone discusses going to vB.org, here's the issue - Google's +1 button works on my site but not in the forums. Every place I've seen it work in a vB install, it has only worked on VBSEO related sites (or at least those that seem to be using it.) I'm wondering if there is an issue regarding canonical URLs since my installation seems fine, I see the button but only get an exclamation point (problem issue) after pressing the button. It does show a javascript:void(0); on a mouseover but so does Linked In. Every other button works, Facebook, Twitter, Google Buzz and Linked in -- and the +1 button works elsewhere but not the stock forums with numbered URLs that I have heard have issues with regard to canonical URLs and potentially an issue with Google. Anyone have an idea?

PS - I just checked the Wordpress install and it acts exactly the same way. Both the forums and WP identify the user as the Google user "xyz" but the difference is that WP allows the click and notes the +1. vBulletin does not work. I'm using vB 4.0.7 using stock URLs, e.g. showthread.php?t=46972
    Last edited by slinky; Mon 13 Jun '11, 9:27am.