X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loco.M
    replied
    Originally posted by bszopi View Post
    If that bug just came about with 4.1.4, then that's not the issue, as I am still on 4.1.3.
    alright, just tossing it out there
    the google button works fine on my site, which is 4.1.4 so idk..

Leave a comment:

• bszopi
    replied
    Originally posted by Loco.M View Post
    maybe it's related to this bug that came about on 4.1.4
    https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...=1#post2170461

which according to staff is...

So I'm not counting on vb carrying about it or bothering to fix it..
    If that bug just came about with 4.1.4, then that's not the issue, as I am still on 4.1.3.

Leave a comment:

• Loco.M
    replied
    maybe it's related to this bug that came about on 4.1.4
    https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...=1#post2170461

which according to staff is...

Thats a pretty obscure issue that isnt going to affect many forums.
    So I'm not counting on vb carrying about it or bothering to fix it..

Leave a comment:

• bszopi
    replied
    Originally posted by Dirt Bike Addict View Post
    I'm still confused as to what you think the issue is with the canonical URL?

Try this code instead:
    Code:
    <g:plusone href="{vb:raw href}"></g:plusone>
    Didn't work for me, and I'm using Friendly URLs. I currently have the +1 button in the SHOWTHREAD template, and I too am getting the red icon with the exclamation point whenever I try to click on it.

Leave a comment:

• slinky
    replied

Try this code instead:
    Code:
    Thanks -- Tried it and it didn't work. From another discussion it seems that Google requires that there be a single referenced link. If there are multiple, as is reported the case with VB dynamic URLs, then there is a possibility that it won't work properly. Whatever the case may be the code apparently works for blogs, cms but not for forums. With VBSEO, the plugin seems to work without a hitch. I don't have answers, just questions about whether this is a "hack" or it's just trying to deal with issues prior raised with the VB 4 core.

Leave a comment:

• Dirt Bike Addict
    replied
    Originally posted by slinky View Post
    ISmahyane-STS - I see the problem on your site. I saw it on someone else's site as well and the blogs and CMS work but not the forum. The only thing I could come up with is the canonical URL issue which might be occurring, if what I'm seeing is representative of an issue. I don't know just yet.

Try this code instead:
    Code:

Leave a comment:

• slinky
    replied
    Originally posted by Octavius View Post
    Just uninstall it. it's not that serious.
    I guess unintstalling vBulletin would solve the problem...

Smahyane-STS - I see the problem on your site. I saw it on someone else's site as well and the blogs and CMS work but not the forum. The only thing I could come up with is the canonical URL issue which might be occurring, if what I'm seeing is representative of an issue. I don't know just yet.

Leave a comment:

• Octavius
    replied
    Just uninstall it. it's not that serious.

Leave a comment:

• Samhayne-STS
    replied
    I've added Google +1 to our site and am having the same wonky behavior - it works in our CMS and Blog but not in the forum posts. We're running vB 4.1.4

If anyone knows a solution, please post, thanks heaps!

Our site is at www.spacetimestudios.com

Leave a comment:

• Dirt Bike Addict
    replied
    "Friendly" URLs are better however if you have a site/forum with thousands of backlinks, be sure to not jump into it without a plan.

I'd suggest trying the friendly URL's out on a test site, that way you know that it's a dynamic URL issue or not.

Leave a comment:

• slinky
    replied
    Have you tired the vB Friendly URLs yet? That should answer that question right?
    No - I haven't tried the VB 4 friendly URLs built in as I saw it as a detriment rather than a benefit to an upgraded vb 4 site. From what I've seen - and it's only visual - only the static URLs seemed to work. I have no idea what the folks at addthis did but I worked their widget into my page. Twitter also registers a solid zero on my dynamic URL (does the same on the some other leading VB sites too) as well but the addthis widget works. Not sure how or why.

Leave a comment:

• Dirt Bike Addict
    replied
    Originally posted by slinky View Post
    I'm not sure - I got it to work using the addthis widget - whatever they do "worked." Not sure if it really works or it registers as working or it just puts a counter somewhere in the wild with no real link back to my site. I haven't been able to get it working as is. In fact, no site with dynamic urls has it working that I've seen.
    Have you tired the vB Friendly URLs yet? That should answer that question right?

Leave a comment:

• slinky
    replied
    Just a thought, does Google +1 not work with dynamic URLs?
    I'm not sure - I got it to work using the addthis widget - whatever they do "worked." Not sure if it really works or it registers as working or it just puts a counter somewhere in the wild with no real link back to my site. I haven't been able to get it working as is. In fact, no site with dynamic urls has it working that I've seen.

Leave a comment:

• Dirt Bike Addict
    replied
    Just a thought, does Google +1 not work with dynamic URLs?

Leave a comment:

• slinky
    replied
    I just looked at another major forum - a large one - also using the stock urls without the subject in the url. It too doesn't work there. I have only seen the +1 button work on VBSEO related sites that supposedly fix a duplicate URL issue in VB 4. As such, this is not an add-on issue but an old issue reported a long time ago that now may have some reprecussions. I hope this isn't true but this is the place to ask and I'm sure that I'm not the only one who is interested in the answer.

I just installed the button on my forumhome -- guess what? It works. This is not good...

Copy and paste is also nasty as you can see - the font changed.

Leave a comment: