This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] How do I clean up tags?

I have about 200 pages or more of tags and I would like to clean up most of them. This is a big issue because it appears this caused an issue with me trying to get my board upgraded to 4.1.4. I cant see any way of doing a select all of the tags or any other way other than clicking all of the 25000 + check boxes.

Is there an easier way to clean up my tags? Very urgent!

bump! my board is totally down and I think all i need to do is to delete all my tags and I should be OK ... how do I do this? Please help!

Comment

You can manually delete all tags with these queries (backup first):

DELETE FROM tag

DELETE FROM tagsearch

DELETE FROM tagthread

UPDATE thread SET taglist = ''
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Is there no setting in the admincp to manage tags beyond the tag listing page? Seems like there should be a way to click on a tag in the admincp and see how many times that tag is used and where it links in the forum so if it is a misspelling of a tag, it can be deleted or corrected.

Comment

I used above mysql commands on vb 4.2.x database.
          and tagthread table wasn there, instead there was additional tagcontent table which contained more than million rows (around 10% od total mysql db size) so i tried to empty this table too, but always getting Internal error 500 from phpmyadmin. no matter if i use truncate table or delete from.. it succeeded when i did it from server command line.

1kether1: that would be good
          Last edited by postcd; Mon 2nd Mar '15, 5:27am.
          vBulletin hosting from $0.5 monthly

Comment

Three and a half year old topic. Please open your own topic if you are having issues with tags.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment