Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Invalid Url On Image 4.1.4

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Do you have a link to this exact code please?

    Comment


    • #47
      Not there's a link, i have triyed to my forum and it worked.... try to ask at vbulletin staff if it is a good solution

      Comment


      • #48
        Sworm1,

        Thanks!

        Comment


        • #49
          One setting everyone should check is their attachment options.

          Admincp > attachment manager.

          Check all your allowed image resolutions, I set lal my GIF/JPEG/PNG/etc to "0" when you set to 0 and hit save youll be brought back to the overall summary, you'll notice that instead of 0 it will now say none. As in no limits on the dimension size.

          Check your file size option too, mine are all set to 10,000,000 bytes

          Comment


          • #50
            Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Message Attachment Options -> Advanced Insert Image Popup - Enable -> No

            It will just come up with the URL to post.

            Comment


            • #51
              This is sounds similar to the problem I am having ---

              My objective is to offer users only one option for inserting images in a post -- and that is having them linked from a URL with tags -- like the old editor.

              OK -- so first thing I do is disable the advanced Image Pop-up - according to note --- "Disabling this option will display the legacy from URL attachment dialog" this is good! Exactly what I want!




              OK so I saved it and went to the editor to test.

              I click on the insert an image icon and the correct legacy pop-up displays



              I paste a URL



              I hit the OK button --- and I get the invalid URL message and the image does not post




              So how can I fix this? I have a music gear website that I just launched -- and I do not want to host a million pictures on my server -- so I need the legacy from URL attachment dialog to be the default -- and I need it to work.

              Am I doing something wrong?
              Is this a bug?
              Is there a fix?

              Thanks for taking the time and looking at this.
              BOUTIQUE GEAR TALK
              Music, Gear, God & Country http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...adedFile-3.jpg

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Laz Cabanas View Post
                Is this a bug?
                Is there a fix?

                Thanks for taking the time and looking at this.
                Yes, what you are seeing is a bug.

                Unable to insert image from URL if "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" is selected

                Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

                W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

                Comment


                • #53
                  I see it is still bugged here

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Laz Cabanas View Post
                    This is sounds similar to the problem I am having ---

                    My objective is to offer users only one option for inserting images in a post -- and that is having them linked from a URL with tags -- like the old editor.

                    OK -- so first thing I do is disable the advanced Image Pop-up - according to note --- "Disabling this option will display the legacy from URL attachment dialog" this is good! Exactly what I want!




                    OK so I saved it and went to the editor to test.

                    I click on the insert an image icon and the correct legacy pop-up displays



                    I paste a URL



                    I hit the OK button --- and I get the invalid URL message and the image does not post




                    So how can I fix this? I have a music gear website that I just launched -- and I do not want to host a million pictures on my server -- so I need the legacy from URL attachment dialog to be the default -- and I need it to work.

                    Am I doing something wrong?
                    Is this a bug?
                    Is there a fix?

                    Thanks for taking the time and looking at this.

                    Ok I figured this one out. You'll notice that if you use Firefox, it will work.

                    For Safari and Chrome, you get error, Why? Because for some reason, in Safari and Chrome, the "Retrieve Image to server " box is actually Enabled (though it's hidden from view), and I'm assuming you disabled Attachments, thus there is a clash of permissions.

                    If you do what This man posted, problem fixed.

                    If anyone understood what I am saying and can bug report this, please do.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Problem is with IE9 as well

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        So if I understand the link correctly --- there is still no fix for this bug --- correct?



                        BOUTIQUE GEAR TALK
                        Music, Gear, God & Country http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...adedFile-3.jpg

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          this worked!!!!!

                          Thanks

                          Originally posted by Miihawk View Post
                          Ok I figured this one out. You'll notice that if you use Firefox, it will work.

                          For Safari and Chrome, you get error, Why? Because for some reason, in Safari and Chrome, the "Retrieve Image to server " box is actually Enabled (though it's hidden from view), and I'm assuming you disabled Attachments, thus there is a clash of permissions.

                          If you do what This man posted, problem fixed.

                          If anyone understood what I am saying and can bug report this, please do.
                          BOUTIQUE GEAR TALK
                          Music, Gear, God & Country http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...adedFile-3.jpg

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            What is the word on getting this issue fixed? I don't want the feature removed and then called "fix" either since as far as I am aware you have to have the "retrieve" box checked to upload an image where you can double click it in the editor and get the options tosize the picture and justify it left or right with text wrap etc...
                            Pittsburgh Sports Forum | http://www.pghsportsforum.com/forum
                            Twitter - @pghsportsforum
                            Facebook - www.facebook.com/pghsportsforum

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Is this fixed on 4.1.5?
                              I use vbulletin.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by semprot View Post
                                Is this fixed on 4.1.5?
                                Testing here at vBulletin it appears to be working (I havent upgraded yet, probably later on this evening). Everything else wrong regarding vBulletin's hack work to make a good Editor like CKEditor not function properly unfortunately are still there.
                                Pittsburgh Sports Forum | http://www.pghsportsforum.com/forum
                                Twitter - @pghsportsforum
                                Facebook - www.facebook.com/pghsportsforum

                                Comment

                                widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X