Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone direct me to a site that knows how to use this program?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Can anyone direct me to a site that knows how to use this program?

(edit) There really should be a prefix...

OK...I'm just another sucker....shame on me, but there have to be people who know how to fix this software. Can someone please give me a link to where I can find someone to help me with this program?
    Last edited by FmGrowit; Sat 11th Jun '11, 7:23am.

Vb 4.1.3
    Last edited by FmGrowit; Sat 11th Jun '11, 7:24am.

Comment

What exactly is the problem you are having with the vBulletin script?

There are plenty of people here using the software successfully that may be able to guide you in the right direction.

I'm going to assume you are using vb4.1.0 by the content of your 2nd post in this thread. If so, any particular reason why 4.1.0 vs. a later version?
      To be updated...

Comment

Can someone please give me a link to site where I can pay someone to help me with this program and not get all of the stupid reply's? There has got to be professional companies out there who know how to fix the problems with this software. Please tell me who they are.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by ENF View Post
          What exactly is the problem you are having with the vBulletin script?
          As ENF said, what problems are you having? If you don't specify what your problems are, no one can help you.

Comment

I know next to nothing about programming and I bought vBulletin Suite about a year ago and did all the set-up myself and have a robust and successful membership program. I subscribed to the vBulletin LIVE HELP for $60 a month and it's the best way to get through some of those early complications for non-programmers. I am changing my program now and need more advanced programming help, so I went to ODesk and searched for programmers who specifically knew vBulletin. I found a great guy who works for less than $10 an hour and he's done all I need in record time!

I am delighted with vBulletin. It has lots of bells and whistles and so it does take some time to learn . . . but it's all possible and there is lots of help available. Ask (specific questions) and you will receive (specific answers) . . . I've learned in my own life that ranting doesn't seem to work. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by SusanUSA View Post

Ask (specific questions) and you will receive (specific answers)
              When I open a support ticket stating "I can not upload pictures to my album" and give the error message of "you do not have permission blah, blah, blah. I tell the support team I have done all of the "Admincp-settings-options-user profile: album options and Usergroup-usergroup manager-edit" and the reply is "exactly what are you trying to upload?" I kind of feel like I'm dealing with someone who knows less than I do, but I know the real deal is the support group is just trying to close tickets. I don't have time to hold someone's hand who is supposed to be helping ME.

I really (honestly) don't know how to ask this question more specifically.

Originally posted by SusanUSA View Post
              I've learned in my own life that ranting doesn't seem to work. :-)
              I agree and I really don't expect any resolve in this issue with vB's support...that's what really ticks me off. I've received more help with GoDaddy's support team with Vbulletin problems than from vBulletin's support team. I switched from an absolutely 100% trouble free forum (free forum) to Vb's mess...and PAID for it. Yes, I feel like a sucker and for good reason.
              Last edited by FmGrowit; Sat 11th Jun '11, 7:26am.

Comment

The question "exactly what are you trying to upload?" is in fact relevant to your support problem. If you are attempting to upload a filetype that isn't enabled in your ACP, the solution is easy: just list that filetype and you'll be able to upload it. Beyond that, it may be a server permissions issue or a usergroup permissions issue.

But the main point is that if you make a vague complaint here or post incomplete details in a support icket. then you're right - you probably won't feel like you got much help. So what's the solution? Be more specific in your complaint and provide the details that tech support or other vBulletin users are requesting.
                Last edited by djbaxter; Sat 11th Jun '11, 7:51am. Reason: typos
                Psychlinks Mental Health Support Forum
                Local Search Forum

Comment

Well, I don't fault anyone for being loyal (however misguided it may be), but I can assure you Sir, I'm not an idiot. The file type is irrelevant since I don't even get an opportunity to upload ANY file.

I go to community-albums-click on my album that I've already created- upload picture

and get this

"you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
                  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
                  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

Now, do you really think this is a file type error? I went through this whole thing with the support team and got "what exactly are you trying to upload?"

I can't "try" to upload anything so it can't be the wrong file type.

It's NOT me.

Comment

See above:

Beyond that, it may be a server permissions issue or a usergroup permissions issue.
                    Check usergroup permissions.
                    Local Search Forum

Comment

Originally posted by FmGrowit View Post
                      I tell the support team I have done all of the "Admincp-settings-options-user profile: album options and Usergroup-usergroup manager-edit" and the reply is "exactly what are you trying to upload?"
                      What should I be looking for in the usergroup manager that I'm missing?

Comment

Attachment Permissions

Picture Uploading Permissions

User Album Permissions

Groups Permissions
                        Local Search Forum

Comment

Thanks, I've done all of that and tried adding a value to "Attachment Permission" still to no avail. I'll call GoDaddy and ask if it's a server issue...I already know the answer, but they're really good over there and they'll probably find the corrupt or missing file in the database.

Comment

Just ran diagnostics of server with Godaddy and they found no issues that would prevent uploading files to vbulletin.

Comment

If you would simply provide the info I requested in your support ticket I could investigate this for you. However this clearly looks like a usergroups permission issue.
                              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Working...
                              X