vB 4.1.4 CKE editor problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gene Steinberg View Post
    I had editor.css reverted to default to fix. Just wondering, over all the months of changes, what was different there and what I lost. I realize you have the chk editor functions added, but would hope that maybe someone could look at my original and see if there's something I should put back before I'm unpleasantly surprised? I tried to paste it here, but it doesn't put anything beyond the first line. Peace, Gene
    My editor.css seem to be default, how can I revert it? Which one are you referring to?

Everything is fine except this CKE editor. Poor me
    I'm back; hell was full!

Comment

If it's modified the 'Revert' button will work:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> Edit Templates -> CSS Templates -> editor.css -> Revert

Otherwise, try this. Create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?

If you do, empty your browser cache, close all browser windows and try again.

If you do not have this problem with the original templates, then this means the problem is with one or more of your custom templates. You need to revert your templates, then redo your changes.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

My fix was to revert the editor.css template. Once reverted, the problem was fixed. My concern is only that the stuff removed by reverting may have changed or wrecked some subtle item I added many moons ago, which will come back to bite me. I do have the original in case someone wants to take a few minutes to see if there's something there that was added that might have value.

Peace,.
        Gene

Comment

Originally posted by nakedanvil View Post
          Thank God for the early adopters. Makes things so much easier for the rest of us.
          lmao
          www.8thos.com

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Steinberg View Post
            My fix was to revert the editor.css template. Once reverted, the problem was fixed. My concern is only that the stuff removed by reverting may have changed or wrecked some subtle item I added many moons ago, which will come back to bite me. I do have the original in case someone wants to take a few minutes to see if there's something there that was added that might have value.

Peace,.
            Gene
            Steve Machol's advice did not work for me. My editor.css is default, cannot revert.

Using the default theme (vB default) the CKE editor works perfectly, what's supposed to be fixed?

Upgrading to 4.1.4 was smooth, less than 15min but fixing this is taking years now.

Sadly my coder isn't picking up the call!
            I'm back; hell was full!

Comment

A complete shot in the dark but some FTP software doesn't cater well for binary/ASCII auto mode. You might want to make sure that the editor graphics files were uploaded in the correct mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Filgga View Post
                Using the default theme (vB default) the CKE editor works perfectly, what's supposed to be fixed?
                This means the problem is with your custom style. You will need to consider reverting your custom templates to resolve this.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by zappaDPJ View Post
                  A complete shot in the dark but some FTP software doesn't cater well for binary/ASCII auto mode. You might want to make sure that the editor graphics files were uploaded in the correct mode.
                  This' now a new thing... What mode should I use? BTW, am using CuteFTP

Steve tells me "This means the problem is with your custom style. You will need to consider reverting your custom templates to resolve this."

Steve, if I revert the whole template, wont I lose some customizations made on this theme? I sent you my ticket, it's got all login details, can you please go thru my site and advice?

I know, once this solved it will enlighten others who might face the same problem
                  I'm back; hell was full!

Comment

If it works with the default style, it's not a file issue.

And yes, reverting a template means that you will lose whatever modifications you made to that template. That is unfortunately the price of upgrading at times.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I will run the upgrade later tonight, keeping my fingers crossed

Comment

Could Someone Give Me The Default Style So I Use It Instead Of My Custom

Comment

Originally posted by 3amalah View Post
                          3amalah,

I fixed mine. It was such a pain, spent hours on this but got it solved.

It's a new editor in 4.1.4, the style stores images in a different directory, I copied the images from the default directory over to the style's directory and that's what solved my problem.

Please do the same, I believe you will solve yours too.

Wish you luck
                          I'm back; hell was full!

Comment

Originally posted by 3amalah View Post
                            you can add it from your admincp..
                            -- Web Developer for hire
                            ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

Originally posted by Filgga View Post
                              3amalah,

I fixed mine. It was such a pain, spent hours on this but got it solved.

It's a new editor in 4.1.4, the style stores images in a different directory, I copied the images from the default directory over to the style's directory and that's what solved my problem.

Please do the same, I believe you will solve yours too.

Wish you luck
                              Hello Mate Thx For Support

Unfortunately I have The editor Folder In ( images + Style Folder ) But It Dont Need To Appear

I think My problem With The Custom Style I hate It Because Of This Upgrade

Originally posted by Loco.M View Post
                              you can add it from your admincp..
                              You Mean The One In vBulletin.zip File ? In the Install Directory ?

Comment

WTF All This Issued Was Images I Deleted The Old One And Uploaded The New One And Its Working Now

Thats PAIN

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X