Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• punchbowl
    replied
    Why bother with the refreshing part. Just put up an image slideshow. e.g. http://www.longtailvideo.com/players/jw-image-rotator/

very customizable. there are lots of other similar ones available too.

Leave a comment:

• SeanE
    replied
    Originally posted by Lynne View Post
    I don't see why you can't do it on the CMS page. Just try it and see.
    Yeah, I'll give that a go and see what happens. It would be nice to resolve the front page and put this issue to bed.

Thanks for your help.

//sse

Leave a comment:

• SeanE
    replied
    Originally posted by nakedanvil View Post
    FYI: when I click on "Click on the image above to see all the splash screens!" I get:

Not Found

The requested URL /infoexchange/local_links.php was not found on this server.
    That's the old site - we had Links Download Manager running on vB - and that link took you to a gallery space within LDM.

Since we've upgraded to 4.1.3, we have not yet installed a download hack, because the developer for LDM passed away last year - and no one has taken up development of the project (and it's a great app - and yes, I've suggested to vB) - so I'm still trying to figure out which way I should take this thing...

//sse

Leave a comment:

• nakedanvil
    replied
    FYI: when I click on "Click on the image above to see all the splash screens!" I get:

Not Found

The requested URL /infoexchange/local_links.php was not found on this server.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    I don't see why you can't do it on the CMS page. Just try it and see.

Leave a comment:

• SeanE
    started a topic [Forum] 4.1.3 - Web Pages - Front Page

4.1.3 - Web Pages - Front Page

Here's a question -

On our old site, I had a series of rotating images (would rotate to a new images each time the page was refreshed - see http://www.ericsonyachts.org/home.php if you want to see it before I take it down). I would like to build a new front page on the 4.1.3 platform - in the same manner; something similar, as my users like it.

Can I put a CGI or php app running on an HTML page that resides at the front of the 4.1.3 site (the Home page) - or will that cause issues with the DB/app?

Thanks,
    //sse
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X