issues because im stupid at lease i admitt it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] issues because im stupid at lease i admitt it

Ok i didnt post this here the first time because, I dont think that being dumb is a tech issue. I dont have an issue with one particular part i have an issue with the entire possess. You see I am quite dumb when it comes to this stuff. Now after the board is installed I can handle every thing else but it is the install that is killing me. I up loaded everything i was told to up load. then I did the MYSQL server thing now i need some one to configure them both to work together in order to show up and work. LOL. I am just dumb when it comes to this stuff. Sorry. I have Pmed 2000 in order to get some help or just pay someone to do it so i can be done with it.

thanks \
    Dan

What do you mean by "I did the MYSQL server thing now"? Are you on a hosted plan or do you have your own server?
    Have you read the install help here?

Comment

If you are just trying to get your forum up and running and you are having issues - please create a ticket in the members area and our support staff can provide advice and help.
      anders | vbulletin team | check out the new vbulletin facebook app
      Proudly vBulletin'ing since 2001
      Please be my friend!
      http://www.twitter.com/inetskunkworks
      vBulletin Performance Articles:
      Click here to read

Comment

I dont understand any of it at all. I know that these questions will be just thrown around and around until i finally get pissed off and either figure it out, find someone else who would like money to do it ( that is scary) or just scrap the entire idea all together. As for the my SQL thing when someone else is hosting the site you have to create a data base correct. and in order to create a data base dont you have to use the MYSQL format? This was my understanding anyway. I have worked on this for 2 days all day long with no luck I'm sure i look like and idiot just staring in the the computer monitor with a lost look on my face as i try to understand the jargon language that the tech guys use.

Comment

Do what Anders suggested and let them install it for you.

Comment

Also, here you go mate, this might help you out. http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/entry...pt-and-Hosting
            anders | vbulletin team | check out the new vbulletin facebook app
            Proudly vBulletin'ing since 2001
            Please be my friend!
            http://www.twitter.com/inetskunkworks
            vBulletin Performance Articles:
            Click here to read

Comment

Originally posted by IBxAnders View Post
              If you are just trying to get your forum up and running and you are having issues - please create a ticket in the members area and our support staff can provide advice and help.
              and do this how? what is it going to cost? where do i go?

you see i get frustrated when i dont understand stuff like this
              6.) Prepare Files
              Download all the necessary scripts, plugins, style, and etc. you will need for the new site. This will make the upgrade process much faster because all you’ll need to do is basically upload and install them on your server.
              you see i dont get the "Necessary scripts , plugins, style and ECT. "
              I dont get stuff like that. because i live By Murphy's Law if it can go wrong Ill find the way

Comment

I dont understand any of it at all. I know that these questions will be just thrown around and around until i finally get pissed off and either figure it out, find someone else who would like money to do it ( that is scary) or just scrap the entire idea all together. As for the my SQL thing when someone else is hosting the site you have to create a data base correct. and in order to create a data base dont you have to use the MYSQL format? This was my understanding anyway. I have worked on this for 2 days all day long with no luck I'm sure i look like and idiot just staring in the the computer monitor with a lost look on my face as i try to understand the jargon language that the tech guys use.

Comment

besides i have a V bulletin 3 not 4

Comment

Professional Installation - $150.00
                    http://members.vbulletin.com/members...ontactform.php

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X