Upgrade to V4 from 3.8.4 and also translation file XML

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Upgrade to V4 from 3.8.4 and also translation file XML

I like to set upgrade from 3.8.4 to V4 with blog version.

Is there any issue with upgrade and how to proceed? Is it better to start on complete new instalallation or upgrade is performed without any open issue?

Will translation file (export) work if i decide to install completely new version V4?

You cannot use the vB 3.8 Blog in vB4 Forums. You can only upgrade it to the vB4 Suite.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

ok,
      vB4 Suite and upgrade from 3.8.4

Is there any issue with upgrade and how to proceed? Is it better to start on complete new instalallation or upgrade is performed without any open issue?

Will translation file (export) work if i decide to install completely new version vB4 Suite?

Comment

Upgrade, a new installation will result in loss of all your data (users, posts, threads...).
        Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
        -
        *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
        - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Please let me know about upgrade procedure and translation file transformation...

Comment

"translation file transformation" ? I assume you're referring to a custom language?

For upgrade procedure, please see the articles here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/conte...nstall-Upgrade
            Vote for:

-

Comment

Yes, I have checked. So, all is automatic regarding translation. It is not needed not translate file again as translation will be moved to new forum version upgrade?

Comment

There will be new phrases added in vB4 that won't be translated if you're using a custom language file. You will need to check our languages forum for a new version of your language for the version you're going to upgrade to.
                Vote for:

-

Comment

Another issue:
                  If I have to set new forum on another domain but like to use the same old translation file, can be this managed to
                  1. copy database (content files, folders) and
                  2. purchase new license to be all correct for license with
                  3. upgrade to new version from VB 3.8.4.

Is this better or I simply
                  1. buy new license, install new version V4 and
                  2. add translation XML file to new domain?

What is better clean way from VB point but translation file is time consuming.

Comment

Originally posted by toplisek View Post
                    Another issue:
                    If I have to set new forum on another domain but like to use the same old translation file, can be this managed to
                    1. copy database (content files, folders) and
                    2. purchase new license to be all correct for license with
                    3. upgrade to new version from VB 3.8.4.

Is this better or I simply
                    1. buy new license, install new version V4 and
                    2. add translation XML file to new domain?

What is better clean way from VB point but translation file is time consuming.
                    I'm a little confused with what you mean by 'translation XML file'. However I think you mean upgrade from 3.8.4 to vB4. If so, the first set of instructions it the way to go.
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Regarding translation file this is main issue as export of file for language is in the XML format.

In other words this file is main issue as I like to know if file for 3.8.4. will also work in upgrade. So, I'm thinking in two ways:
                      1. The same forum on different domain and language file which will be kept the same during upgrade. As I understand some additional translation will be needed.
                      2. Completely new installation and import of old version language file (translation file XML) into new forum version and some additional translation should be implemented.

This is my worry...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X