• Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Weird databasee error

Hello vbulletin.com!

I have some weird database errors since yesterday, they all look like this:

Datenbankfehler in vBulletin 4.1.3:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT thread.threadid, thread.title
    ,IF(tachythreadpost.userid IS NULL, thread.lastpost, tachythreadpost.lastpost) AS lastpost
    FROM vb3_thread AS thread
    LEFT JOIN vb3_tachythreadpost AS tachythreadpost ON (tachythreadpost.threadid = thread.threadid AND tachythreadpost.userid = 2854)
    WHERE forumid = 10
    AND visible = 1
    AND open <> 10

HAVING lastpostid > 153360
    ORDER BY lastpost
    LIMIT 1;

MySQL-Fehler : Unknown column 'lastpostid' in 'having clause'
    Fehler-Nr. : 1054
    Fehler-Zeit : Monday, 16.05.2011 @ 09:05:08
    Datum : Monday, 16.05.2011 @ 09:05:08
    Skript : http://www.myforum.tld/forum/showthr...&forcenoajax=1
    Referrer : http://www.myforum.tld/forum/
    IP-Adresse : 62.155.*.*
    Benutzername : *someusername*
    Klassenname : vB_Database
    MySQL-Version :
    I replaced the url and the username as well as the ip.

The thing is, the error gets triggert exactly by the same user and these errors happen a few seconds apart. So yesterday I got 2 batches of emails all happend in a matter of seconds, so I guess either he tries to DoS the site or this happened within one request. Everytime it's the exact same error message.

Also: This particular user is on the global ignore list for some time now because he was annoying. I thought maybe he figured out and is now trying weird stuff.

Can anyone elaborate how this database error occurs and what may be the cause?
    I use a few mods on my board, but none of them modify the thread behaviour or anything related to the error message.

It looks like somehow you are missing the 'lastpostid' in the forum table. Check that table and see which fields you have.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Just checked.

thread and forum table both have the lastopstid field.
      I thought if they were really missing somehow, there should be more functions that throw this error, but it's only this one user...

still, I have no idea where it comes from. Any other ideas?

Comment

Then I suspect an add-on. To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all products (except vB Blog, vB CMS and Skimlinks if you have them.)

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Disable

Then manually uncheck all plugins that are not for 'vBulletin Blog' and vBulletin CMS' here:

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Plugin Manager

You must do BOTH of those steps in order to disable all non vBulletin Modifications.

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X