• Show
Clear All

• Subah
    replied
    Thank you again Lynne but i think i can not go back now

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    The best thing to do is to delete all products you don't need, then do a regular upgrade of your site. There is then a tool over on vbulletin.org that will check your database against a default database and tell you what fields/tables have been added to your site. Then you may decide on your own if you need that field/table or can delete it. If you just import some vb tables into a forum, then you WILL end up with problems.

Leave a comment:

• Subah
    replied
    Thank you Lynne , but what i need is a friesh database without alot of tables that i do not need i was installing a lot of plagins and product so the idea came to my that i restore only the vbulletin tabel and it is seems to me work but i miss 3 things
    1- user list
    2- how delete the post
    3- modareted threads and posts

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Originally posted by Subah View Post
    What is the tabel that have the frinds name please ?
    I will try to import the tabel only !
    that table is the userlist table. However, just restoring this table, then that table, then another table, and not the whole database is going to cause you issues.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You cannot restore just one table. You need to restore the complete database.

Leave a comment:

• Subah
    replied
    What is the tabel that have the frinds name please ?
    I will try to import the tabel only !

Leave a comment:

• Subah
    replied
    hmmm to hard
    thank you for the answers

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    You would need to restore your old database and upgrade that as per Steve's post.

Leave a comment:

• Subah
    replied
    So what can i do now ?
    is there any way to reset the friends for all the users ??

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Sorry, I missed that:

i just upgrade my old forum to the new vb4 4.1.3 forum in fresh database i just move the threads,posts,pm.
    i forget to move the friends that apper in the profile !
    You cannot do that. You have to upgrade your old database normally.

Leave a comment:

• Subah
    replied
    Wow Steve !
    Sorry but dont you thing the problem is from the database ?
    bacuase i take some tables from old database then i upgrade it to the new version ??

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all products (except vB Blog, vB CMS and Skimlinks if you have them.)

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Disable

Then manually uncheck all plugins that are not for 'vBulletin Blog' and vBulletin CMS' here:

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Plugin Manager

You must do BOTH of those steps in order to disable all non vBulletin Modifications.

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?

Leave a comment:

• Subah
    replied
    No answer ?

Leave a comment:

• Subah
    replied
    The problem still there ??

Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	1