X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zenith
    replied
    Hi Trevor.

There was a function to do this in 3.8.x. Why was it removed from 4?

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Sorry, there is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.

Leave a comment:

• Zenith
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	tumbleweed.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	3682213

Leave a comment:

• Zenith
    replied
    Sure. Here's a part screen grab from the virgin install I did earlier today, First thumbnail os of a gif, second is of a PDF.

Name:	Untitled-5.gif
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	3682210

So like I say, I don't want thumbnails of the PDFs, I want them listed as links, as they would be if GD were selected as the Image Processing Library.

Once the thumbnails of PDFs are generated by ImageMagick they're their for good though, so even if library is swtiched back to GD the thumbs will still be displayed.

Leave a comment:

• nakedanvil
    replied
    Certainly possible, I was just referring to a stock installation. Do you have a link to an example? Not questioning it, just curious to see what it looks like.

Yeah, the autosave is pretty irritating isn't it?

Leave a comment:

• Zenith
    replied
    nakedanvil, sorry, but you're completely wrong.

(a) If you enable ImageMagick 6 in admincp -> Settings -> Options -> Image Settings -> Image Processing Library, and have ghostscript installed on your server, then PDFs will be thumbnailed default. If you have never seen a PDF thumbnailed then you've only ever seen GD being used as the Image Processing Library.
    (b) I realise the manual hasn't been updated. It was a dig at vB for being lax with documentation.
    (c) The discussion re PDF is irrelvant. The question is how can I disabled display of thumbnails for specific filetypes as I could with pre-vB4.
    (d) If vB staff can confirm that this is no longer an option I'll simply edit templates with conditionals to achieve what I want, but I'm asking here first in case I've missed something obvious, because even after using vB pretty much since its inception well over a decade ago I still occassionally do dumb things/miss things.

Oh, and if I may note, the auto save feature on this quick reply box is the most irritating feature I've ever come across. Every time it saves the keyboard misses keystrokes. Blah!
    Last edited by Zenith; Sat 14th May '11, 9:49pm. Reason: To enter characters missing due to painful auto-save feature

Leave a comment:

• Zenith
    replied
    Sorry nakedanvil, but yes, I know that. It also applies to PDFs., which are essentially image files. Just disregard the PDF reference, it's irrelevant to the question...it just happens to be the particular filetype for which I wish to disable thumbnailing. The question remains as stated "How can I enable/disable thumbnails by filetype?"

Leave a comment:

• nakedanvil
    replied
    And did you happen to notice that it says "this only applies to image files"? The manual has not been updated, but that is still true. Thumbnail creation is now automatic for image files if thumbnails are selected. PDFs have never had thumbnails.
    Last edited by nakedanvil; Sat 14th May '11, 7:33pm.

Leave a comment:

• Zenith
    replied
    I just did a clean install of vB4 Suite to check to see if there is something amiss with my existing installation (which was upgraded from 3.8.1). The clean virgin install has this in AdminCP -> Attachments -> Attachment Manager -> Edit

Name:	Untitled-2.jpg
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	3682207

This is not what the vB Manual says.... http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/attachment_manager_add... which specifically shows a radio button to enable/disable thumbnails....

Name:	Untitled-3.gif
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	3682208

Also admincp -> options -> message attachment options specifically states.....

Name:	Untitled-4.gif
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	3682209

How can I enable/disable thumbnails by filetype?
    Last edited by Zenith; Sat 14th May '11, 7:02pm.

Leave a comment:

• Zenith
    replied
    No. PDFs are thumbnailed. But regardless of if they are or not, none of the filetypes in AdminCP -> Attachments -> Attachment Manager -> Edit give the option to turn off display of thumbnails.

Leave a comment:

• nakedanvil
    replied
    I've never seen thumbnails of PDF files. Doesn't thumbnail just affect images?

Leave a comment:

• Zenith
    started a topic [Forum] Selective disable thumbnail on file type

Selective disable thumbnail on file type

Hi yas

In my vB4 installation I'm do not have available to me a "Display thumbnail for this type?" option in AdminCP -> Attachments -> Attachment Manager -> Edit

Specally, I want to disable thumbnailing of PDFs.

Shouldn't this option be available as it is in my vB 3.8.7 installation? Or am I missing something?

Thanks

Z
    Attached Files
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X