Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My host says I have reached my 2GB memory limit, and should have a developer look...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] My host says I have reached my 2GB memory limit, and should have a developer look...

... at the code (ie at vBulletin code). Does this make sense? I am runnng vBulletin CMS suite.

Thanks.

without knowing a little more about your website and what you have there or what the hosting account you have.. is difficult to guess.
    Simple Straight Forward EU cPanel vBulletin Web Hosting Provider.

Comment

Sorry. My site is currently offline, because of this stupid memory problem. So I can't check my usage stats.

What I meant by my question was, is the vBulletin code likely to be causing high memory usage? Or is that just because I have quite a busy site?

Comment

We would need to know some stats on your site, how many new threads/post and users every day?
        -- Web Developer for hire
        ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

MEMORY limit or storage space limit?
          -Andy.
          http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
          http://www.mindplacesupport.com

Comment

Well, today there have been 360 new posts. But we have been offline for a few hours, so maybe 2,000 or so new posts a day? And usually about a thousand people online at one time, split between 30% registered users and 70% guests. Per month we get (according to Google Analytics) 77,000 unique visitors.

Comment

Originally posted by Meestor_X View Post
              MEMORY limit or storage space limit?
              Definitely memory limit.

I have just spoken to them and they are increasing my memory limit temporarly, but I still need to know from you guys if you think vBulletin code could be the problem here.

Comment

The amount of users on your website, sounds like you're on a vps, you might be ready for a deciated server or bigger vps

Comment

Originally posted by Damsella View Post
                  but I still need to know from you guys if you think vBulletin code could be the problem here.
                  No, code is not the problem. The size and activity on your site might be though. If you are getting 2,000 posts a day thats a highly active site and should be on a dedicated server.
                  Baby, I was born this way

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                    The amount of users on your website, sounds like you're on a vps, you might be ready for a deciated server or bigger vps
                    Yes, I'm on a VPS.

Originally posted by Paul M View Post
                    No, code is not the problem. The size and activity on your site might be though. If you are getting 2,000 posts a day thats a highly active site and should be on a dedicated server.
                    Thanks also, I didn't think the code was the problem!

So, dedicated looks like the way to go, especially as my site traffic is growing each month.

Comment

I'd like to see a site that busy. Any chance of a link?

Comment

I may have overestimated the number of posts per day - 519 so far, at 4.25pm UK time. So maybe 1,000 a day, and more on Tuesdays which are our busiest day for some reason! I'll check again at the end of today.

Comment

Working...
                        X