Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe D.
    replied
    Instead of editing the template, add this code to your additional.css template, this way it won't get reverted during upgrades:

Code:
    .widget_post_useravatar img {
    display:none !important;
    }

.widget_post_comment {
    margin-left: 4px; !important;
    }
    Tested and working to remove avatars on the "recent" widgets in 4.1.9.

Leave a comment:

• malmazan
    replied
    Originally posted by BirdOPrey5 View Post
    It's hard to say what the conditional does out of context but if that is the conditional in your widget template I'd suggest changing it to:

Code:
    <vb:if condition="$article['avatar'] AND 0">
    and see if your place-holders go away. That statement will never be true.
    That does not work, because that is not the main conditional, just one that controls whether or not the unknown image is show.

The conditional is:
    Code:
                            <vb:if condition="$article['showuser'] OR $article['settingsforboth'] == 2">
    which would point towards this being a bug, since articles have a setting for showing the user.

Can you suggest a template edit (ideally one that is easy to do when updating) that removes the place holder altogether? I've tried commenting out different sections but the solution does not seem very straight forward. Blade-uk's soution is for a much older version of the template and does not produce correct results for the current vB.
    Last edited by malmazan; Sun 1 Jan '12, 3:04am.

Leave a comment:

• Joe D.
    replied
    It's not a CMS setting.

It's possible code was added to the template for expected future use, but there is no built in way to turn off those place holders as of yet. You will have to make some sort of edit to the template or code if you want them gone.

Leave a comment:

• malmazan
    replied
    Modifing the code is something that vbulletin.org handles- not saying it's impossible just it isn't default code.

It's hard to say what the conditional does out of context but if that is the conditional in your widget template I'd suggest changing it to:
    I'm trying to avoid doing yet another template edit that will make updating even more difficult for a behaviour that should be standard.

There must be a reason for that conditional. What's happening could well simply be a bug, otherwise it makes no sense that a default avatar is shown. ┬┐Are you sure there is not a master CMS avatar setting or something?

Leave a comment:

• Joe D.
    replied
    I'm not kidding, I did just PM you though.

Modifing the code is something that vbulletin.org handles- not saying it's impossible just it isn't default code.

Code:
    <vb:if condition="$article['avatar'] AND 0">
    and see if your place-holders go away. That statement will never be true.

Leave a comment:

• malmazan
    replied
    However those aren't avatars, they are place holders
    Are you kidding me? If they are place holders, they are place holders JUST for avatars, and avatars are disabled in my site.

What is the template conditional
    Code:
    <vb:if condition="$article['avatar']">
    supposed to do?

Leave a comment:

• Joe D.
    replied
    Originally posted by malmazan View Post
    Hope you have recovered by now. Any ideas on how to fix this problem?
    No still have personal issues... However those aren't avatars, they are place holders. I would suggest asking on vbulletin.org since you want to change the default behavior of the software, it is working as designed.

I thought actual avatars were being displayed.

Leave a comment:

• malmazan
    replied
    Are avatars being displayed for you? Can I get a link to your site where this is happening?
    Hope you have recovered by now. Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

Leave a comment:

• malmazan
    replied
    Yes, avatars are shown on CMS in the Recent Articles widget. (see capture)Click image for larger version

Name:	avatars-cms.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	3686100

Leave a comment:

• Joe D.
    replied
    Are avatars being displayed for you? Can I get a link to your site where this is happening?

Leave a comment:

• malmazan
    replied
    Customizations like this are best discussed on vBulletin.org. If you don't get a response there please PM or post back here with a link and I'll try to help on my off hours. It shouldn't be a big deal.
    With all due respect, I would not think not showing avatars when they are disabled is really customisation. If the forum does not show avatars when they are disabled, why does the CMS? The amount of effort and time and energy that basic things like this take is insane. It's a good thing firearms are not easily available here, otherwise I would have blown my head off with vb4 this week.

Leave a comment:

• Joe D.
    replied
    Customizations like this are best discussed on vBulletin.org. If you don't get a response there please PM or post back here with a link and I'll try to help on my off hours. It shouldn't be a big deal.

Leave a comment:

• malmazan
    replied
    I'm looking for a solution to this as well.

Since I have avatars disabled from my site altogether, I should really need not customizing at all, it should display properly like the forum pages do.

Leave a comment:

• Bram
    replied
    Could you share the solution with us. Frustrating for people who have the same question but don't have the solution

Leave a comment:

• Blade-uk
    replied
    done it, don't worry

Leave a comment: