can't log-in to my forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] can't log-in to my forum

Hello,my forum is having a major problem know one can log-in not even my self everyone is getting this message after trying to loggin
    Wrong username or password. You have used up your failed login quota! Please wait 15 minutes before trying again. Don't forget that the password is case sensitive. Forgotten your password? Clickhere!
    can someone please help me to know why this is happening and how can it be fixed? Thanks

What did you do immediately prior to this problem starting? It would not happen on its own.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

all i really remember doing was re-indexing my search engine on my site when i lost my internet feed and i didn't finish the indexing maybe that was it ? also i did a auto-repair --optimize --all-databases really that's it.oh also i did move to a new server.

Comment

Is their anyway to fix this and for me to log-in?

Comment

Reindexing would not have caused this. Something else happened. Unfortunately I would need to know exactly what else you did.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

the only thing i remember doing yesterday as in installing was updating this VSa - Advanced Forum Rules v5.0.4 i did no editing or over riding any files on the server oh also i did have problems getting Nginx Admin started but thats fine now. i don't have a clue what to do next please help.

Comment

Disable all add-ons.

If you cannot log into the Admin CP then to disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

This will disable all hooks and allow you to log in properly with no hooks running.

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/disable_plugins

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

i disabled the plugins the hooks and i'm still getting that message, what can i do next to bypass this ?

Comment

That means you are using the wrong username or password. Have you tried resetting it?
                  Last edited by Steve Machol; Sun 8th May '11, 9:10am.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by dandan17 View Post
                    ...oh also i did move to a new server.
                    This could be important. Did you change the forum url as part of the move ?
                    Baby, I was born this way

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
                      That means you are using the wrong username or password. Have you tried resetting it?
                      l can't log into the forum to change the password

This could be important. Did you change the forum url as part of the move ?
                      no paul the url is still the same
                      this seem to be some kind of error in the software i never had a problem where if you log-out then some how it thinks you have used up your login quota on the first try of your log-in what could i have do to change that for everyone? should i re-upload the files you think that would help?please i really don't know..

Comment

I think your best bet is to raise a support ticket, it really needs access to your server to see what is going on.
                        Baby, I was born this way

Comment

ok paul i'll fill one out now

Comment

You can use this link to reset your password:

http://www.yoursite.com/forums/login.php?do=lostpw

Using your domain and URL of course.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Hey guy's thanks for your help my server provider found the problem a plugin was installed wrong after the server move
                              Last edited by dandan17; Mon 9th May '11, 8:09pm.

Comment