Considering a Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Considering a Switch

When I first Bought vBulletin I was Un-aware of the versions, I didn't know that it made a difference from which ones I used, So I Created the New Version cause I thought that's what I HAD to use.

I see almost every vBulletin Site with 3.8. And I was wondering is there anyway to save what I have on the 4.1.3 Forum I have now, and Create the 3.8 version to see if I actually like?

Please let me know, I actually am considering buying another whole Webhost to do it.

Originally posted by LucasxX View Post
    And I was wondering is there anyway to save what I have on the 4.1.3 Forum I have now, and Create the 3.8 version to see if I actually like?
    Database structures from vb3.8 and vb4.1.3 are very different. You can roll-forward versions, but you cannot roll-backwards.

Just remember per your license, you can only have one active vBulletin installation that is publicly accessible.

If you really want to test vb3.8, then create a test install location that is password protected from public internet users and go about it that way.
    To be updated...

Comment

You might be able to do it by going over to another forum software, then coming back. For example, you could convert the vBulletin 4 to myBB, then convert the myBB to vBulletin 3.8. It might make a big mess for you too, but you can give it a try on a testbed.
      Peter Davis - I Buy Forums
      Old Coins Forum

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X