No announcement yet.

Custom Advertising positions possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Answered] Custom Advertising positions possible?

Hi guys,

I haven't been able to place enough Google AdSense ads on my recently updated vB becouse the spots I'm offered are not of my liking and there are tons of other -better- places to place ads in Blogs, CMS, search results, etc.

Is there any way to place custom ads spots? I don't care if they're not nicely displayed as yellow boxes on step one when placing a new ad... it would be enough to have the new spots on the dropdown when editing the new ad properties.

If I have to manually edit the templates to put either the ads code or a hook so I can manage them from a custom plugin, where exactly should I put them? I don't know exactly which templates to edit for:
    1. Search results (there are so many templates inside the "SEARCH" category)
    2. Individual CMS articles (so I can place ads like in forum posts and not just on the CMS front page)
    3. Blog articles (same as CMS)

Maybe can point me in the right direction?

PS: I've read lots of threads here that mention stuff about placing our Google AdSense ID in vB control panel but I can't find nothing about that in my forum. Maybe it's not required anymore? My ads just... work :P

Thanks in advance!
    Cesar Aracena

You can modify the templates and place the advertising code manually. See the documentation on how to edit templates:
    http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/s...edit_templates

To see what templates you should edit, you can turn HTML COmments on under Settings -> Options -> General Settings.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thanks Wayne, forgot about HTML comments. Thanks

What about adding more predefined ads spots? Is is possible from our side?
      Cesar Aracena

Comment

Sorry, there is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
        Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
        -
        *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
        - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X